Freaking out! FIXED!

Short of begging BB?? I am guessing I have to purchase a whole new kit. If I do I will keep trying to bleach this one out for future use I guess. Not what I wanted to do at all - I got this kit on sale :frowning: Whatever in Stephanie over at HB uses in her printer is strong stuff!

@bbsupport Any chance of a Gemma head rolling around the warehouse?

1 Like

No clue how often they check this forum, should I call??

@EmilyBB and NEVIN get a notification when a post is made with the @ sign! Give them a bit - maybe the zit creme will eliminate the mark today!

I am a bundle of nervesā€¦ to make it worse this custom is for a lady that my hubby works with.

Sometimes it can take a number of applications. Donā€™t lose hope yet, and please donā€™t cry (youā€™re breaking my heart!). I wish I had a Gemma head I could send you!

I have decided I am just going to #1 order a new kit and #2 continue the Oxy10 treatments on the kit I have, I would think it would come out eventually, or at least lighten up enough I can paint it and sell it as a boo-boo baby if i have too. I need a few other things anyway.

1 Like

I would just put a birth mark there. Then the hair would cover that. Sorry that happened. I hope that what you are doing works to remove itā€¦ :frowning:

It is an area of about 3 inches long - and I can still read ā€œrebornsupply.c mā€ albeit backwards. I got the replacement ordered.

1 Like

I guess itā€™s too late for rubbing alcohol. Apparently itā€™s pretty good for removing ink if you catch it when itā€™s fresh. Iā€™m glad you have a new Gemma on her way. If you just keep applying the cream, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be able to rescue Gemma 1 and use her at a later date. Phew - disaster averted!

Hun, I tried alcohol, acetone, paint thinner, and now zit creamā€¦ I almost pulled out my extra packet of Wella hair bleach from removing the bright red hair color from my hair, but I was afraid bleach powder plus 40 volume peroxide might be too much after everything else. I tossed the head in the basket a couple days ago, so that ink is in there good.

The deposit was paid today, so I am still on track.

1 Like

0 thatā€™s sad that it is that big. Itā€™s hard to tell in the picture. At least you have a new one on the way. I will now make sure not to place any pieces on anything wit print on it. I am sad it happened but glad you posted this. I was putting parts on news paper. Now I need to go check it to make sure that I donā€™t have any on thereā€¦

Any print is a no no, ink can even come off things like a Walmart bag or the inside of a priority mail box. In 4 years of reborning this is the first time I have had an ink issue, and it was my own fault for not paying attention to where i put a head.

I will remember that. So far I donā€™t see anything. But I havenā€™t checked the ones that I will be stripping. I messed them up because I wasnā€™t paying attention to the instructions on the paint. So they look horrible. I had just about given up. I went back to all of the videos and they all clearly said how thin the paint should be. It just wasnā€™t getting through my thick head. So I started over using very thin paint - guess what happened. It looks good! Imagine that! So yes I felt stupid for not doing as it said. Now I have 3 that are almost done with the stripping. Live and learn! It will be worth itā€¦ Iā€™m to stubborn to give up! And thankfully there are all of you wonderful Ladies who help us newbies out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

A miracle just occurred - I just checked the head and I kid you not, the ink is GONE!!! And BB let me cancel the order. Whew!! Thank you all for helping this old crazy woman!!!

4 Likes

Amazing! So happy for you!

1 Like

I am so happy that is fixed. Itā€™s nice how everyone pitches in to help. Some may say we are a crazy bunch for what we do - I donā€™t think so! I think that everyone is wonderful! It takes a lot of dedication to do these babies! Wonderful group of ladies and gentlemenā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s wonderful. congrats on finally getting it out and now you can start on your custom. hooray!!!

2 Likes