For those that like little babies

thanks Taci…I use a Dagger striper for the foundation hair then a script liner for the finer detail hair.

Jan, first of all she’s gorgeous! And I personally like the tiny babies and have done a few myself. This tiny one is so precious it would be nice if we could find some here. My sister just bid on a kit on Ebay from China and won - beautiful dolls not identified by name.

Thank you…there was a seller in California a week or so ago that had them. I was so excited! but they were fairly new to ebay and a friend of mine was bidding on one of the dolls. She did not win…and she noticed the feedback was terrible later! I have not seen them list again. Probably just as well.
There has been an uproar on DF about these chinese factories that are copying other sculptors kits. I have seen several of them and it is obvious they are copying. One well known dealer stopped buying from them when she realized they were copies. I cannot tell that this tiny one is a copy of anybody’s sculpt…looks like I will be keeping her. This is the second time I listed her and no sale.

— Begin quote from “JaNan”

Thank you…there was a seller in California a week or so ago that had them. I was so excited! but they were fairly new to ebay and a friend of mine was bidding on one of the dolls. She did not win…and she noticed the feedback was terrible later! I have not seen them list again. Probably just as well.
There has been an uproar on DF about these chinese factories that are copying other sculptors kits. I have seen several of them and it is obvious they are copying. One well known dealer stopped buying from them when she realized they were copies. I cannot tell that this tiny one is a copy of anybody’s sculpt…looks like I will be keeping her. This is the second time I listed her and no sale.

— End quote

My sister’s win was not for these tiny babies but a larger kit and I don’t think she knew about the controversy over the Chinese kits. I’ll let her know.

oh alot of people don’t realize it! I mean…if a dealer can be caught unaware…so can we …right?
but just like this tiny one…who do you say the sculptor is? They don’t tell you

Maybe part of the problem with selling them is that you can’t tell people what the sculptor’s name is. I know when I look at a listing on ebay, that is the second thing that I look for. First is, of course, the photos! Then the sculptor and then the size. It really aggravates me when the listing goes on and on and on about how the doll is made or looks and either doesn’t mention what sculpt it is or mentions it hidden in a mass of other info. Just one of my pet peeves!

I still love your tiny one though! So hard to resist!

REally DJ? I always put it in one of the first paragraphs on my auction but I had no idea how important it is…thanks for sharing that!
I have seen/heard of several of these going for a really good price…not sure why mine isn’t…