Flying with Reborns

Has anybody had any trouble getting through security? I’m super worried about my doll being ripped apart! I’ll bring a bag filled with poly fill and glass beads to show! Any suggestions?

2 Likes

I never had a problem. They had to take one and X-ray it on a different machine. I heard one guy say that’s creepy it so real. I let them know before it went through the machine it was a doll. The guy said you should have seen it In the X-ray machine.

3 Likes

I fly at least a few times times a year and I bring a baby every single time! Never had a problem. I put it in it’s own bin to send through the scanner and warn the TSA agents that it’s a realistic doll. I hand out quite a few business cards. The TSA always pulls it aside and swabs it quickly, but they have always been so gentle and get it back to me quickly. Plan for extra time at security though! Everyone likes to pass it around and see!

2 Likes

I’ve done it twice now, no problems! They just had to bomb test them which is super fast and all they did was swab they outside of the leg, I also brought a small bag of what I put inside of my dolls just in case

3 Likes

My Mom was taking her Christmas doll home and they cut a 1 inch hole along the body seam so they could stick their finger in to feel whats inside. She was shocked and so was I.

2 Likes

Oh crap! That’s the first time I’ve heard of that!

I hope it was just on the cloth body, so it can be replaced. But still… I would be so upset that it wasn’t the same anymore. I think it would just take something from the way the baby was to start with. Good thing they don’t cut us up so they can check what we might have inside!

1 Like

An elderly relative who carries a pocket knife around forgot to pack it before going through security, It was an heirloom from his father. Tsa took it from him and threw it in their special trash can. A gentleman who was not going threw security volunteered to take it and mail it to him-cause he overheard commotion. Tsa said nope. They wouldn’t even hold it for me to go back and pick up for him. i guess this would be worse case scenario. Maybe let them know if they need to look inside the body they can remove the head. Hopefully Dallas doesn’t have any babies in there bins!:grimacing:

When I went to ROSE last year I put the doll I brought with me in my suitcase just because it was easier than trying to carry it. They stopped me to check it out and I was quick to tell them that it was not a toy but a piece of art and to please be careful with it. They were.

2 Likes

when my daughter came for christmas I had made her a Cookie who is a big girl.I made her pack her for that exact reason.

1 Like

When I’m going to ROSE and leave San Diego they never say a word-----I just put the baby in a bin and it goes through the xray with no problem. I always carry little baggies with the ingredients so they can see what’s inside if they want, never have. Now SLC airport always swabs the baby, they are gentle though.

1 Like