Floppy newborn neck

Can someone please share if there is something in particular that you do to make the baby head floppy like a newborn? I have never seen this addressed on any tutorial and I have seen a lot of tutorials. Tho my babies have somewhat floppy heads, I have seen others on youtube that look like a real newborn.

I put a plastic head ring and then don’t over stuff body.

From what I’ve read, it’s a combination of not over stuffing the body and adding weight in the baby’s head near the mouth area by positioning a bag of glass beads or the bbs there. That makes the face fall forward. I guess for backwards, you would add the weight to the back area of the head. I just made one doll sturdy enough to sit up on his own and the calebs I tried for floppy. Does anyone know if the stuffing packs down over time like a pillow does? Scared that the doll will eventually go flat on someone…

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

From what I’ve read, it’s a combination of not over stuffing the body and adding weight in the baby’s head near the mouth area by positioning a bag of glass beads or the bbs there. That makes the face fall forward. I guess for backwards, you would add the weight to the back area of the head. I just made one doll sturdy enough to sit up on his own and the calebs I tried for floppy. Does anyone know if the stuffing packs down over time like a pillow does? Scared that the doll will eventually go flat on someone…

— End quote

I read someone’s care instruction sheet and it addressed that issue. It just told them to turn the baby upside down and gently shake or push the fiber around to fluf it up again. I’ve had to do this at times with dolls I have had for awhile.

I have found that is I put a big weighting sack in the base of the body surounded by stuffing then stuff the body to the top, just not really really full and stick a small wighting sack at the top then attach the weighted head I have found that they flop. As with not being heavily stuffed and the combination of the head and neck weighting there is no support for the head so it flops. Hope this helps.