First ever reborn

Hi guys here is my first ever reborn doll! I enjoyed doing it but as you see I have a long way to go! Any tips or advice is more than welcome! I know I messed the hair up but otherwise for a first time is it a complete fail?

8 Likes

Her body is backwards. :slight_smile: The tie/opening goes in the back

1 Like

Thank you lol

1 Like

Not bad for a first one! Definitely not a fail in my book.
Some quick tips:
The body looks like it’s a bit too big. The arms seem like they’re much longer than they should be. A well suited body makes a huge difference!
Try out some matte varnishes. Your reborn looks rather shiny, a matte look can also make a world of difference.
And yeah, the body is backwards. Easy mistake and an easy fix. :wink:

4 Likes

She has a very pretty skin tone and that is a great first baby. My advice is just to set the eyebrows a little lower next time where the brow bone is. Otherwise great job. :blush:

2 Likes

She’s cute!
Like others have said, body too big and backward, eyebrows are too high and a matt varnish can halp with the shine.
Otherwise it’s pretty good !

3 Likes

Super cute first baby!

1 Like

She looks good for a first baby good job :+1:
And another body that fits better will be looking better now the arms look to long .

2 Likes

I used ultra matte varnish and I agree she’s to shiny. I purchased the cheap kit off Amazon for the trial so the body doesn’t correspond with the limbs. Next one I will be purchasing the kit from here. Thank you all for the advice I really appreciate it!

3 Likes

What brand of Ultra Matte Varnish did you use?

Is this why his arms looks so weird? Why is 1/3 upper hand part looks lo long?

1 Like

I am not sure. I think no matter what way the body is it will still be odd. I am not familiar with the kit so not sure what body it normally takes.

1 Like

I think the body is just weird. The arm caps look like they’re twice the length they should be.

2 Likes