First ever Reborn complete

Hi to all,
This is my first ever attempt.
The kit is Ember, by Tasha Edenholm.

I love her, but that’s because I invested many hours and made mistakes to learn from for next time.

Bit sad, cos my hubby is supportive but everyone else calls her “creepy” and they look at me as if I’ve gone a bit bonkers😔!!

image|281x500

27 Likes

Great job for a 1st attempt! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

You came to the right place! We are all encouraging here. You’ll enjoy getting to know people who love what you love, and don’t think it’s creepy at all. :wink:
That baby is gorgeous! You’re going to be great at this! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Looking great! I went through that too eventually they will be so impressed with your art and ability they will set aside those creepy ideas and see it for the art form it is. Most people don’t understand it at first, it is just too new :wink:

3 Likes

I think you did a nice job. The mohair quality you used appears to be a bit on the frizzy side but I am impressed that you tackled rooting right off the start! Bravo! If you get some Infusium leave in conditioner and spritz a little on the hair, comb through it and leave it to dry that helps the mohair some.

3 Likes

Thank you for all your kindness.

The mohair is dry and frizzy and even spritzing it with conditioner only seems to help for a while and then it reverts!

I am finding the rooting/ hair part by far the hardest so far. Really struggled with that. I don’t know how you all get yours looking so beautiful!

Thanks also for the encouragement.

I felt so demoralised with the “creepy” comments.

I was beginning to feel reborning was like having some strange habit/disorder that should only be done behind closed doors and after dark!:flushed:!

Thanks everyone so much

4 Likes

Somet8mes they say creepy, as in it looks too real :slight_smile: So, take it as a compliment, I guess, lol

4 Likes

She is darling and a fantastic job for your 1st.

2 Likes

Congratulations, she’s wonderful for your first reborn!! Creepy is a compliment, that means they see realism. On the mohair make sure you root from the right end, also. If it’s going the wrong way it will be frizzy.

2 Likes

Great first baby. Some people think they are creepy cause they look to real. As long as you like reborning them, that’s all that matter.

2 Likes

That’s a great baby!!!

2 Likes

Get used to the creepy thing. It doesn’t end. We went to dinner with a bunch of friends last night and of course it comes up that my house is scattered with eyeless heads. Random limbs and misc bodies and parts. I think it’s hilarious. You don’t like? Don’t come over! :grinning:
Your Ember is adorable, I really like that sculpt.

6 Likes

Adorable! The ember kit was my choice years ago as my first kit! So newborn. Your is precious!

2 Likes

She looks lovely to me. Nice job!

2 Likes

You did a great job for your first baby. Ignore negative comments, those people just don’t understand. I hope that you keep with it, it only gets better from here. I rooted my first with some really bad mohair. I didnt know what good mohair was…but if you can root with bad mohair, you will do great with the good stuff :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! You baby is adorable and you did a great job on it. I am also impressed with you rooting. ‘Creepy’ is a compliment here :wink:.
My husband is very supportive also, however my children and my coworkers were on the fence, or even probably on another side ‘of the fence’. Now they all asking me what I am working on and can’t’ wait to see the other baby.
Can’t wait to see more babies from you! You started high, great job!

5 Likes

Not bad at all!!! Definitely better than my first attempt!!! :grinning: :heart:

2 Likes

She looks so Cute!

1 Like

That’s a great first baby !
My friends also think it is creepy but I love reborning them and that’s what matters !

2 Likes

you’ve done a lovely job on your first

1 Like