Finished doll varnish?

i have a finished baby that has a shine. I would like to satin varnish her. Do I need to take her apart to do so? Or can I apply the satin varnish and use my heat gun?

Heat guns are for very small touch ups. If you are going to apply varnish all over then take the doll apart. If you use the heat gun on the face, you run the risk of burning the eyelashes off or the hair.

1 Like

I was thinking of only doing the limbs…

You still should take the parts apart; you don’t want to burn a hole in the body. :hushed:

2 Likes

Lololol ok! That is what I shall do then! I am LOVING this satin varnish! I just got it, and love it so much I want to varnish EVERYTHING!!!

3 Likes

I really love the finish texture of the satin varnish. It feels good, much better than slippery vinyl!!! I am so glad yall introduced me to this product!

1 Like

I think the plain vinyl feels too much like a doll.

1 Like

I do too NOW!!! Lololol

1 Like

Nikki, I PMd you.

1 Like

I pm’ed u back😄

You can get it at BB:

Genesis Heat Set Satin

The Satin gives a bit more sheen than the Matte and is a little softer. You do not need to add any thinner to it.

It is so easy to work with, no chalkiness!:heart:
Nice texture! :+1::+1:

I don’t understand? Please explain:-)

Someone mentioned they mix the Matte with the Satin for a perfect combo.

2 Likes

Does the satin varnish have to be baked?

1 Like

Yes, it is heat set just like the Matte Varnish.

I used satin on Kai. And while it feels better than matte, I still don’t like the feel of it.

1 Like

I love it! And it’s so much nicer than a shiny baby!!!

1 Like

Definitely. But,Kai wasn’t shiny so I hate that I used it. But since he’s for sale,I don’t want him to get shiny in the future.

2 Likes

I also add some Flesh 07 to the varnish and like how it brings the tones together. I think the feel of the blank vinyl feels like a doll.

2 Likes