Filling for our babies

If anyone has anythign to add to this feel free! I am not just writing this as an impluse. I feel as if maybe some women might need to be reminded what goes inside our babies. There was an incident, which is not my story to tell. I felt awful for the person who got this baby. She put her heart into hers and got this in return. We have a place to out all the bad ebay bidders who do not hold up their end of the deal. I did not mention names of anyone and I will not tell, so do not pm me thinking I will. This just needs to be said!
1st; anythign used inside our babies should be CLEAN, dry and new.
2nd; The ONLY fiber acceptable to use is polyfil. This is to be used in limbs and body and head.
3rd; The weighting material is glass beads in limbs up to elbow or knee then finished filling with the poly fill. The weight for the head or body should be in little scas and then poly fil around it. Sand I have read can not be used in case your baby goes over seas.

Thank you I forgot about poly pellets.

I have used the steel bbs in a baby that I kept for myself to weigh the baby instead of using the glass beads in the body part. I don’t know if that is still considered to be acceptable or not for a doll you are going to sell. I used that because it took up less space and I didn’t have to worry about them shifting as much in the doll. Plus I was running low on the glass sand at the time! But I would like to know if anyone uses them in dolls that they sell or if you consider that okay.

I use stainless steel BB’s occasionally in babies that need weight in limited space. I also have begun putting a very small little sack of the bbs in the head in the area of where the paci goes and where the hair bow would go. I have found this is VERY effective for magnetic accessories since you do not have take the head off if the client doesn’t want a magnet. I also have found that the little bag of the BBs will not shift around. They are terrific to use.

I use the BBs also in the legs of the toddlers (big ones). I mix them in with the glass beads and they really help to provide the strength needed in the feet and ankles. With my toddlers I also have gone to using just polyfil in the upper legs, arms and head to reduce the weight so that it doesn’t bend in the middle.

i believe there needs to be a post that is in huge letters and on the forum forever entitled MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR REBORN DOLL FILLINGS. I understand that there are a lot of ways of doing things. We all have our own styles etc. but this is bordering on health and safety issues. We have no “police force” for the reborn industry, which means we need to “police” ourselves.

thanks for posting this Deb. And thanks for not making it a back biting “tell all”! Doing it this way is constructive and informative…kudos!

hugs
joy

Thank you Joy, I thought about this for days. I know it needed to be said. I did not want to do it the worng way but I hope the person who sent the baby reads this and does nto do it again! I just hated it for the lady who got this baby. I know we are all at different levels at this and God knows I am still very much a beginner but I would never do what was done to these babies. Maybe we should as a groupl or BB could set some minumin standards. Of course we have no police to enforce it. I have to shut up or I will get carried away! I love reborning and this is my creative outlet from a very stressful life. I hate anyone to get hurt.

— Begin quote from “joy”

I also have begun putting a very small little sack of the bbs in the head in the area of where the paci goes and where the hair bow would go. I have found this is VERY effective for magnetic accessories since you do not have take the head off if the client doesn’t want a magnet. I also have found that the little bag of the BBs will not shift around. They are terrific to use.

hugs
joy

— End quote

great idea!!!