Fiberfiill

What kind of fiberfill is everyone using? Do you use the soft touch polyfil supreme that BB sells or do you use the regular polyfil from (perhaps) Sandie?

Judy

I buy the great big bags at walmart. Not sure if it’s the super soft or not.

I use the premium polyfill from JoAnns or Hancock fabrics. Walmart probably has it too. But I haven’t made any high dollar dolls so far. I don’t know if there is a difference.

I bought a pillow at Walmart for $2.50 and weighed it compared to the polyfill bag and it ends up being a real bargain (can’t remember how much of a bargain because it was a while ago). I actually like it better than the bagged craft stuff…

I have been using the polyfil from Walmart.

I know there is a type that is soft like cotton and the fiberfill that is a little looser and it actually leaves little fibers in the air. The type I am using comes from Fairfield Processing.

Judy

I like to use the regular premium kind, which I buy with a coupon at Michaels or JoAnn’s. It is not as soft so I use that for inside the vinyl limbs. I use the supreme kind (like BB sells) for in the body and soft parts of the limbs. That way, the baby can feel really soft but the less expensive stuff can be used in the parts that you can’t feel it in.

I use the wal mart fiber fil also

Well Pia - I love the idea of the pillow fluff!

I mostly use silicone balls. They’re like small cotton balls, but very soft and elastic, they feel very squshy in the doll body. They are used as cushion filling.

— Begin quote from “Friki”

I mostly use silicone balls. They’re like small cotton balls, but very soft and elastic, they feel very squshy in the doll body. They are used as cushion filling.

— End quote

I am having a hard time picturing what this might be? Do we have it in the US? Can you attach a photo? It sounds so great…

— Begin quote from “pia”

— End quote

I am having a hard time picturing what this might be? Do we have it in the US? Can you attach a photo? It sounds so great…

— End quote

It looks like this: http://www.oglasi-banjaluka.com/images_ … 204078.jpg

— Begin quote from “kimomax”

I buy the great big bags at walmart. Not sure if it’s the super soft or not.

— End quote

Same here, it works just fine

Ditto on the Walmart brand

— Begin quote from “pia”

— End quote

— End quote

It looks like this: http://www.oglasi-banjaluka.com/images_ … 204078.jpg

— End quote

That looks lucious!! Not sure how that would be marketed in the USA. May have to do some searching??

That resembles Cluster Stuff…that’s what I use. Not all WalMarts have it instore but you can order it and have it delivered for 97 cents.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. … revshr_001

— Begin quote from “CindyM”

That resembles Cluster Stuff…that’s what I use. Not all WalMarts have it instore but you can order it and have it delivered for 97 cents.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. … revshr_001

— End quote

Thank you… it does look like that… I will check around and see if I can find it in a store before I try to order it… Love this forum!!!

I think that’s it

1kg costs about $10 and I can use it in about 7-8 dolls. It’s good stuff, I’m really sattisfied

I think that’s it

1kg costs about $10 and I can use it in about 7-8 dolls. It’s good stuff, I’m really sattisfied

— End quote

Sounds like it goes a long ways!! Your cost is about the same as Walmart @ $4.97 for 16 oz.

— Begin quote from “pia”

I bought a pillow at Walmart for $2.50 and weighed it compared to the polyfill bag and it ends up being a real bargain (can’t remember how much of a bargain because it was a while ago). I actually like it better than the bagged craft stuff…

— End quote

This is a good idea! I’ll have to look into that!

I use the highest quality polyfill I can find at Hobby Lobby or Walmart. =)