Feel like she needs something

I feel like Lexi needs something but I can’t tell? This is my first attempt at GHSP and I’m not sure what else to do to make her pop.

5 Likes

She looks good on my phone. Mabey try a very thin burnt umber wash, it makes my babies come to life!:grinning:

She looks super cute! Maybe a bit more color on her eyelids and lips? I think once you add eyebrows and hair she will really pop!

Thank you guys! I did one burnt number wash but was afraid to do any more. I’ll touch up her eyes and mouth with a little bit more color. :blush:

I would go with the burnt umber wash and the forehead ( on my computer) doesn’t have much color all the color is from the eyes down. please don’t be offended JMO.:heart_eyes_cat:

Oh I’m not offended at all! I love coming here to get honest opinions, other wise I would never learn! I really do value everyone’s views and help. Thank you :grin:

1 Like

A thin yellow ochre wash really livens them up, too.

Laurie

I think she needs a touch more lip color.

She’s adorable! Maybe alittle more blushing a bit deeper color :slight_smile:

I would use more reds… Maybe some blotchy places, cheeks, forhead, eyes…

Thank you girls! Monday I’ll get back to painting (I work nights on the weekends so I’m always whooped during the day) and slather some more layers. Could another layer of mottling with blue and reds help bring some depth as well as more blushing?

1 Like

To me and I’m new. Pictures Never show well, as far as I’m concerned. Her creasing and mottling looks great so far, but it depends on what your vision is as far as more mottling. If your going for really newborny…maybe more mottling/splochy?