Favorite mass market doll

I’m in love with a lot of the Ashton Drake dolls. Their little faces are so cute. This is the doll I am hunting for now. There is a gal that has her so I am hoping I can get her

9 Likes

I too like Ashton Drake’s, specifically Linda Webb sculpts. I redid an Emma and she is the best cuddler. My girls, 5 and 10, have my old Lee Middleton Reva Schick babies. I also have a Reva Schick that I took the breathing mech out if and put a bag of glass instead.

4 Likes

She’s adorable!!

3 Likes

I have a Reva Schick Lee Middleton that I am planning on reborning. Not alot of detail in the sculpt but I can add some. I think it will be a fun little project.

1 Like

I wanted to redo my Jillian, but I am afraid of dealing with her rooted hair (which is awful)

2 Likes

Mine is bald thankfully!

1 Like

I ordered an Ashton Drake doll a while ago having two already from a couple of years ago which were really cute. It was perfect in Pink Annika I ordered. It arrived nothing like the picture really. They have edited their pictures majorly. I tried again with Little Peanut…same again. Nothing like the picture and I thought these two dolls where very cute indeed. In my opinion don’t buy them unless you know what to expect :blush: Also the dolls were really stiff.
Annika 1
what you get: (not my picture)
annika 2
sorry, you may already know this…just pre-warning you! :wink:

7 Likes

I agree with everything you said. Sometimes I search on eBay to see if I can find someone selling what I’m interested in. Often, you will see the actual doll and that might change your mind.

2 Likes

I always find a personal pic of the doll first> I agree most look nothing like the professional pics.
These are the 2 I picked up today

5 Likes

My favorite is Luvabella and Luvabeau.
I did the same with AD Katie. @Peachtree I did not care for her at all. I am going to stuff her with some Polyfil and send her to Goodwill.

2 Likes

I bought the smaller Luvabella at thrift store the other day for $5

2 Likes

That is the newest one, great find!

1 Like

Have you gave it a makeover?

2 Likes

I didn’t know this. Looks like a bait and switch to me. Wouldn’t have expected that from a well known company.

2 Likes

No, I thought about it.

1 Like

Question, can I strip and bake the Lee Middleton or does this one need air dry? I want to reborn her for my niece for Christmas. She had a complete fit yesterday when she saw my daughters’ dolls but she’s only 4 and she was much tougher on the dolls than my girls are. I wouldn’t mind doing the Lee Middleton for her though. I’ll wait until she’s older for a more detailed kit.

1 Like

Is Paradise Galleries as bad as Ashton Drake as far as the dolls looking much cheaper in person? There were some cuties I was considering there.

1 Like

I have ordered a Paradise Galleries doll (Baby bundles I love naps) which is still to arrive as I live in the UK…I have waited a month already but I am okay with that :blush: I think their dolls do look really cute but I was wanting a sleeping doll hence I ordered that. I obviously can’t say more than that as I haven’t seen this doll in real life but I can post something about it once it has arrived.:wink:

1 Like

Yes, I definitely would appreciate if you shared your experience with that company after your order arrives! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Paradise galleries look pretty much the same in person as they do online. They don’t edit like Ashton a Drake does. I’ve bought two for my nieces (they’re too young for Reborns) and I was pleased with both.

2 Likes