Fake Milk or formula

Anyone have a suggestion for the fake milk. I thought I had a recipe I liked but not so much :joy::joy:
I tried lotion and water and don’t like how that separated
I bought the yellow cap Downy but the scent is so STRONG. I’m worried people sensitive to smells (like myself) will be bothered.
So looking for a new recipe!

5 Likes

The white and bit of carpenters glue is what I use but it still separates so I don’t know that it’s a good choice. I’ve been considering other options too.

2 Likes

I have one bottle of faux milk that hasn’t separated in years but I can’t for the life of me remember what’s in it. I tried so many different things and they all separated except this one. I just paint my bottles now and fill them with polypellets so they’re realistically weighted and no worries about leaks.

2 Likes

I use downy organic fabric softener (white bottle) and water and a hint of glue

I watched a video where a woman made quite a few recipes and tested them out for setteling out, color etc. I ended up doing mine with elmers glue and water and it never separated it worked perfectly. I tried lotion, I tried lotion and paint I tried fabric softener. Elmers glue worked the best. I will see if I can find her video for you.

5 Likes

Is there a strong scent?

1 Like

Not much of one at all. The organic fabric softener has hardly any smell, and I use maybe a tablespoon of glue to help thicken it just a tad

2 Likes

Thank you @PutABonnetOnIt Taunya, I never tried it, but I like a glue recipe.

2 Likes

This is what I use and it’s awesome! A little goes a long way and no settling

Rock Ridge Miracle Milk Concentrate Solution - Make Fake Milk for Magic Tricks

Rock Ridge Miracle Milk Concentrate Solution - Make Fake Milk for Magic Tricks

6 Likes

Is it that color?

1 Like

No it turns white when added to water. I will make a bottle real quick and post a picture. Give me a minute!

1 Like

This is after 15 drops!

15 Likes

Thank you for doing that. You’re sure it doesn’t separate even after a long time?

1 Like

I’ve never had a problem with it and I have never received a complaint from anyone!

1 Like

I have this “Magicians” magic milk also, it works instantly and perfect.

3 Likes

Please forgive me my ignorance but I believe that liquids are not allowed in parcels. You, artists, who send those bottles with milk, are not afraid that something might happen during the shipment, the bottle will get broken or something like that and that liquid will be all over the doll?

3 Likes

I only use plastic bottles, seal it very well, wrap well and put it in 2 ziplock bags. I’ve never had one to leak thou! And it’s never ignorant to want to gain insight.

8 Likes

I’m going to try it.

2 Likes

When I ship with formula filled bottles, I seal the nipple, then wrap the bottle in tissue paper, then in a zip lock bag, then wrap again in packing paper then another zip lock just in case!

3 Likes