Eyelashes before rooting hair?

I am finished painting Kissable Winters to use for the rooting class at The Kansas Doll Show but I would LOVE to root her lashes and set her eyes before I root her head. Am I asking for trouble?

14 Likes

I always save the eyelashes for last because I worry about the friction when the head is face down in my rooting pillow. It seems like they could easily break off that way.

7 Likes

I always do them last too BUT she will be so much sweeter with lashes!

2 Likes

Y’all are much more experienced than I am, but I did lashes first (on my first) and my rooting bowl ruined them :disappointed:

1 Like

I do lashes first! And I’ve never had a problem with it.

2 Likes

Maybe it was because I left my lashes long… Saved all the trimming for last… Do you go ahead and trim the lashes before you root the head @ellakabella?

1 Like

Pretty!!

1 Like

I didn’t know about the Kansas Doll Show. That’s three hours from me! I will have to see if I can fit this into my schedule.:baby:

1 Like

@Meandmydollie … look it up on FsceBook… all of the Bingo spots and Baby Shower tickets are sold out but it would still be fun to just look around and hang out for the day. Where do you live?

I live in the Kansas City area, Prairie Village, KS to be exact. Yes, it might be fun to walk around and see a bunch of reborns in real life.

I finally picked up my Babyfx paints again and I’m trying to get the hang of painting with air dry, so I need some inspiration! It is very different than painting with heat set.

2 Likes

@hyelah1990 yep I root them and trim them up. I just get impatient for them to come to life and eyelashes bring it all together so I do that first :joy:

2 Likes

I know what you mean @ellakabella … I am rooting now and can’t wait to get those lashes done!! And thanks, I will try to do lashes and trim before rooting and see if that works. I’m sure the long hair was easier to pull out or break off, might have been my problem.

This is my first Doll Show and I decided to go ahead and be s vendor since the tables were so inexpensive and kept me from having to buy admission tickets. If you come, be sure to find me (table 151)

4 Likes

I will definitely stop by if we come down!

1 Like

Take lots of pics and post them Pia. I would love to see other doll shows grow.

3 Likes

I adore your Kissable @pia

1 Like

Thanks Nikki! She is assembled and dressed!

11 Likes

She is ADORABLE!!! I can’t wait to see her rooted! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Hoping Albie is teaching “sparse” rooting!

2 Likes

Do them and glue them and they will be fine.

1 Like