Eyebrow Placement: Which One Seems Right

As I’ve been updating in Amelia as an AA Reborn I now want to draw her eyebrows but I’m struggling with placement and shape. Please tell me which of the two pics looks right? A or B? This is just for placement.

A

Or

B

Please give me direction or advice on your own methods. Thank you.

@YelenaRey, it is your time to shine!

1 Like

I think slightly in between both. And not a rounded eyebrow as a curved/round brow doesn’t seem to follow her natural brow line. I would draw them less like a C and more like an L with the longer tip going towards the nose and the long end angling down slightly toward the end of the eye - roughly like this:

3 Likes

This is really hard to do on the phone. I would bring them down just a bit. If you turn the head sideways, you can see the brow bone a bit better

5 Likes

You are such a rocking star @Sony72 . Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Ok I see. super. Thanks for your trouble @Jessejuice .

2 Likes

I need a stylus! It’s so hard demonstrating what I’m talking about and drawing with a finger tip! Lol!

3 Likes

Is this better @Sony72 and @Jessejuice
I’m planning to root because I can’t either draw or paint the eyebrows. And I hope I will do a better eyebrows-rooting compared to my first two dolls.

1 Like

I prefer the left brow shape. But they are too thin right now - they looked like plucked eyebrows. I would add super fine hairs to the top and bottom in this shape
<<<< >>>> - little arrows with the open end facing the nose bridge.

I’m not sure if you can see my Maddie’s brows because of all hair (and her eyebrows are extra thick to look like my daughter’s). But I start my eyebrow shape by drawing a line to follow. Then I fill it in with similar but various colors.

11 Likes

Oh I can see the opposite direction of the eyebrows.
She’s so cute
I remember trying to copy my son’s eyebrows. I realized afterwards that a 0-3 months baby (Jake) can’t have eyebrows of a 4years pls boy​:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

3 Likes

BTW yes I’m planning to root them thick. Thanks for the reference photo. :wink:

1 Like

Rooting eyebrows is really hard and they rarely look right. Very few artists attempt that. If you have a practice kit try rooting there first. I would imagine that you have to lay your needle completely flat against the kit to make the hair lay flat. You’re brave to attempt that.

2 Likes

A stylus would be great! Lol
I’m kind of bad with darker eyebrows but here’s a close up of mine :heart: If you root them, just make sure your needle is super flat and you’re working with fine hair

11 Likes

Geewuz these look so real :scream:. They are so fine. Reminds me of my daughter’s when they were still growing. Beautiful.
Thanks for the tip

1 Like

Eyebrows are the worst! They take me forever to do

1 Like

Rooting eyebrows is hard. If you’re going to give it a whirl, I suggest using alpaca hair for the brows in a color similar to whatever hair color you use. You’ll want to use a fine needle so there won’t be any visible holes. Alpaca is very fine and lays flat but you’d still need to root at an angle and seal them when you’re done. It would be helpful to practice on a test part or cheap head.

2 Likes

Thank you for the valuable advice. I will consider buying alpaca for future dolls I will sell. It would cost me to get it as I’m in South Africa and would have to import it.

I agree with Jessejuice. Top one is too high. Bottom one is close but almost there. Needs to come down slightly.

2 Likes

OMG! I’ve never seen brows that looked this good before! Amazing!

2 Likes

Thank you!