Eye placement in tiny kit

Do the eyes look okay please? It was so difficult to get these in this teeny tiny fairy.

3 Likes

They look like they’re a little off, but it’s hard to tell.
Try shining a light in them and see if the reflection is in the same spot in both eyes.

Okay, will try that. Thank you

Better?

2 Likes

I think she would look better if there was some more white showing in the eye. Just looks like there is too much color to me. JMO

1 Like

I agree with @lynn. I think recommended eye size for her is 12mm. What size do you use?

I always use the correct eye size. These are lausher glass eyes which do have less white than the cheap plastic eyes.

I received Atticus’s eyes today. I’m allowing my hands to recover before trying to place them properly but will definitely use your light trick again. Thank you for sharing it with me :blush:

1 Like

How did you insert the eyes? I have 2 babies that require 16mm eyes and my hand is too big to insert them via the neck hole. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :two_hearts:

1 Like

For minis with small necks I do them from the front while vinyl is warm and stretchy after a bake.

1 Like

Awesome!! Thank you so much for the good advice.:two_hearts: Do you add glue to the sockets before placing them? Just wondering how to prevent them from moving around.

I inserted the eyes by squashing the warm head so I could bend it, I dropped the eyes inside the head and used my fingers to push them in place and then dropped glue through the hole onto the eye. I did one eye at a time and waited for the glue to dry before doing the second eye. I use lausher eyes and they are too large for front insertion as even with warm vinyl it would tear the eye socket.

2 Likes

By the way by squashing the head I’m bringing the back of the eye socket to the neck hole so I dont need to put my hand inside the head just a couple of fingers.

2 Likes

This information is so helpful!!! Thank you all so much!:two_hearts:

1 Like