Evon Nather tutorial, worth it? Please Help!

Does anyone have the Evon Nather tutorial? I want to buy a tutorial and I want to know if it is worth it, because I am still missing some supplies such as paints and reroot needles, so before buying I want to know if it is worth it… Please help… I am a begginer :heartpulse:

1 Like

Watch videos on YouTube. A favorite for beginners n others is customdollbaby. Take you time n if using genesis paints thin layers or washes. Same for air dry too I believe.

1 Like

Thank you soo much for your answer :heartpulse:, I wacht a tons of tutorials on youtube already, Is it that I think I need something more to improve my painting on mottling, baby skin tones complexions, and hair painting, but maybe I just can do practice and more practice

Practice is honestly the best thing that I’ve found helps! Also looking at other reborns and deciding on things you like about them, saving photos, and just working on them until you can achieve something similar. Absolutely work in very thin layers and also look into the primary method! Are you using GHSP or air dry?

2 Likes

Thank you for you answer, I use GHSP :heartpulse:

1 Like

While I don’t use GHSP I can share with you over PM the method I use to paint babies if that would be helpful? Sometimes it’s all about just collecting information!

1 Like

Aww you are super sweet :heartpulse:, Yes I collect all the information that I can, but just feel that something missing, just because I am not really Know what I doing lol :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I never really feel like I know what I’m doing! It’s okay! Most of us don’t feel like we know what we are doing!

3 Likes

This couldn’t be more true :joy::joy::joy::joy:
I just wing it lol
However I would love the info on how you paint your babies as well if possible. I love your Levi’s coloring!

2 Likes

I would love the info on how you paint your babies too​:heart_eyes::heartpulse:

1 Like

Absolutely to both of you!!

1 Like

Thank you soo much!! :heart_eyes::heartpulse::pray:

@SouthernLullabies @Cyn and anyone else interest here you both go! Sorry it took me a couple of days to get my brain sorted! Here is the color swatch I made from each of the “layers” most of which where anywhere from 3-6 layers of paint

Layer one was blue undertones with primary cyan, which I painted on very thin let flash off partially and then brushed off with a dry brush.

Next up was some violet undertones, this is where I started to build up the creases.
After that a yellow wash Layer, and I built up undertones in specific spots, this layer did not go beyond the wrists or ankles, to make the hands and feet paler.

then there were mottling layers which I didn’t take photos of the bowls of paint, but a violet red mottling layer where I continued to build up the creases, and then a red orange mottling layer and I did some blushing at this stage with the red orange.
Finally I did all of the detail blushing the same way I did the veigns. There was a couple of other layers such as a yellow mottle and a blue mottling layer very very faint, which you can find on the swatches.

I know this isn’t like a tutorial or anything like that but I hope it helps some!

7 Likes

Go to dollsbysandie.com
There you can search for the ebooks. Look through those and try to pick out the ones for beginners. They have so many. And, Lara is excellent. The prices are great. And, you can download them and not have to deal with shipping, etc. I hope this will help you.

2 Likes

OMG this is amazing!!! Thank you so much :sob::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Of course! I’m happy to help! I’d recommend just learning about the different techniques to applying paint such as mottling, and where colors go! I personally find the primary color method works best for me and my style!

1 Like

Thank you soo much to you too :pray::heartpulse::heartpulse:

Your work is beatiful :heart_eyes::heartpulse:

1 Like

You’re so sweet! Also as a reminder this is what my first doll looked like

Everyone starts somewhere and we’re all constantly learning and growing as artists!

2 Likes

Aww thank you so much for all your help :pray: I feel so grateful :heartpulse::pray:

1 Like