Everyone PLEASE answer this question. Thanks

How many of you would buy a Down Syndrome sculpt or a Down Syndrome reborn baby? I myself would love it. I would like to see if it would be profitable for someone to make one. Thanks ladies

— Begin quote from “stefnanny”

How many of you would buy a Down Syndrome sculpt or a Down Syndrome reborn baby? I myself would love it. I would like to see if it would be profitable for someone to make one. Thanks ladies

— End quote

Katy86 (Kathryne Schriefer) actually sculpted one and sent it off to have it produced… mailing issues and the sculpt was ruined. I don’t think she has completed another, but she did a presale to see if it was a workable undertaking and pre-sold a bunch of them…unfortunately, she had to refund the deposits… She has done several downs babies as OOAK as customs. I think there is a market for one that is beautifully done…

Yes, I remember that baby well and we were all disappointed for her that there were problems - she worked & put her heart & soul into that baby

I tried to find pictures of her sculpt that was going to be made into a vinyl kit, but didn’t find it… She has photos of customs that are Down’s on her FB page…
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kathryne … 9983377241

I would buy several of them

— Begin quote from “grammyjladr”

I would. I was one of those that pre ordered the last one that did not make it to production. I felt bad she didn’t make it. Do you have an idea?

— End quote

I have talked to Kathryne Schriefer. She would be willing to sculpt a baby but doesn’t want to go through what she did last time. So she would if someone else would manufacture the doll. Like BB. So I am trying to put out feelers to see if it would be a popular sculpt and worth doing. I really think it would. Not only for reborners and collectors but I can see these going to children with ds. And customers are asking for them. The response on Doll fan forum has been very good. We’ll see what happens.

I would buy one to reborn. I think children with downs syndrome would welcome a baby that looks like them.

Judy

There are a couple BB kits that I think could be reborned into a down syndrome baby.

There are a few kits out there that appear to be down syndrome, but are not marketed as such. Katy86’s daughter has downs syndrome so it was more politically correct for her to call it so.

EDIT: I found a picture of Chayanne over at doll fan.

I would love to have a DS baby sculpt to reborn for myself and for a couple of friends. I have toyed with the idea of using one of the BB kits but none of them are quite right. There are several that would work, but I want one that when someone looks at it they don’t wonder, they know it is a downs baby. And I want it to be smiling because downs babies are happy more often than not.

I can’t help but smile when I look at the Cheyanne kit. She is perfect!

I think it would sell at least as well as some of the “normal” kits they carry.

i think this kit could be a downs baby…http://www.creativeimpressionsnursery.c … and_nb.htm

As a result of the recent e-mail from Bountiful Baby explaining the process of Realborn and the talk about limited edition kits, I had to look this thread up again. So maybe BB will use this new technology to make us a downs sculpt! Wouldn’t that be great!

Katy, you are so talented!! need to figure out how to poor the DS in vinyl…