Ever reborned any of these kits

I am not sure about all of them but Olivia is not a very nice colour vinyl pinkish grey if my memory serves me correct…been a lot of years now…Also, I just did a Callie by Cathy Rowland recently and the vinyl is harder and is the older pinkish colour they were using a few years back - the Cathy Rowland’s in the sale are from the same time period so thinking they would be much the same vinyl - so both those definitely need a few neutralizing washes…Not sure about the rest of them…

1 Like

Do you think it’s because they’re really old kits that I can’t find any pictures of the blank kits? Did they not photograph blank kits back then?

Yes, when they leave it for 6 years it would take a long time to update everything, but if you change the description after suitable time for kits that are not anymore newly relased it could not take all that long. The thing is, if this person has no time to keep her website up to date, I would be concerned that should I need to communicate, they may not have the time to be checking their emails or replying. And therefore, if I can get stuff elsewhere, I will not bother with people who do not seem to care. :smile:

I can totally understand that. I have purchased from Nonies a few times in the last couple of months and I have a pre-order with her now. She’s always responded to my emails rather quickly and been very helpful in answering my many questions, but still…i do think the information should be updated.

I’m just getting back into the whole reborning community and wasn’t in it for very long the first time, but I do realize things have changed in terms of quality. If I wasn’t a person who gets some sort of twisted kick spending hours researching a single item, and I happened upon a site advertising something as “just hit the market,” only to find out AFTER my purchase that it’s years old and behind the times…I’d be pissed.

1 Like

Ok, you will not believe it, but I have a customer who I reborn for all the time…She has over 85 of my dolls…lol anyawy, she emailed me and told me she had bought 2 kits and had the ladies she bought them from send them straight to me so to be watching for them…well they arrived today and you will never ever believe who one of them was…OLIVIA…uggggghhhhh…My heart just about dropped to my boots…I DO NOT like this one at all…I was not wrong when I said her vinyl was an ugly colour…only I was wrong when I said I thought I remembered it as pinkish gray…It is actually an ugly dark tangerine orange…YUCK!!!..I have just emailed her and told her I hope she will be happy with a little AA baby because I don’t care to do all the washes it will tak to neutralize her…(It is not a nice sculpt anyway…Never liked it…Personal opinion of course so no offence to any who may…) Here is a pic of the head next to a normal colour vinyl leg…only trust me…it is much worse and much darker orange than the camera shows it because of the flash… I think you jinxed me Tiffiny, asking about that kit…lololololol :smile:

4 Likes

LOL OMG what are the odds? I take full responsibility for the jinx.
Even with the flash, I can totally see what you mean about the color. I’m not skilled enough to turn her back to flesh colored, her best hope in my hands would be to begin life as a cute hybrid baby of some sort. Her face sort of reminds me of the Lola chimp kit I’ve been searching for…not as extreme as Lola, but along those lines. I’m sure you’ll turn her into a beautiful baby, but I’m soooooo glad I listened to you earlier and didn’t didn’t buy her.

Why am I up at 4am? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I think it’s because you were waiting for me to post this picture…hahahahahhaha!

Seriously, though it would take a total miracle to be able to make a ‘beautiful baby’ out of this one…and unfortunately even after 7 years, I am not THAT skilled…lol :smile:

You caught me…I’ve been secretly dreaming about Olivia lol.
I’ve only tried the orange neutralizing on a this berenguer doll head I have and it turned out terrible. First, I’m sure I was using the wrong color washes and it didn’t help that the head has carved on hair, so all of the paint was caking up in the millions of grooves…it was quite pretty gross looking. Needless to say my neutralizing skills need work. Even following the color wheel doesn’t help much…Like I’m color blind or something.

Wow, Starr! 85 dolls to one customer?! That’s beyond awesome!!

1 Like

I reborned Madeline Anderson several years ago. I liked her face, but thought the limbs(especially the arms) were way too big for her. It’s probably the reason why the artist took that pic with the hands in scratch mitts. I put a sweater on mine to help mask the bulkiness of the arms.

1 Like

Heehee, I know…she is amazing. She has been a avid doll collector for over 35 years and has a collection that would make a museum jealous…She started buying my dolls back about a year after I started…(She use to buy about 50 - 60 reborns a year…) About 3 years ago, she started buying mine exclusively. She told me that she loved mine better than in her whole collection and had totally dedicated a large portion of her display to "Butterflies & Bows’…(I don’t get big headed about it at all because I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I am just thankful and blessed that she likes my babies so much…In my opinion, it is never that one artist is so much better than others…it is more the fact that the customer’s taste might be for your style more than another…) Anyway, about the last year, I started doing her dolls as painted kits…she buys everything except the mohair,…(I am too fussy about that to let others supply that unless they want to but the kind I use) so I paint and root her kits for a flat fee and she does all the work to assemble and dress them…If she gets kits on sale it works great for her an I don’t care one way or the other cause I sell by babies for cost + a fee anyway so I get my set fee and she saves…It works great…She told me the other day that she has about 30 more kits she has purchased to be done over the next year or two…lol She is so funny and a total treasure…I am very blessed that she likes my dolls so well…so even if sales drop elsewhere I still have a job for a while…lol I am having a pre-printed 8x10 photo album made for her with most all her dolls in it for Christmas this year…Vista print had a special for $30 that you could make your own so I went through and pulled photos of all the dolls I knew she had bought and put them in the album…Hoping she will love it… :smile:

7 Likes

What a great gift! She’ll love it!!

1 Like

I really like her face too. I found another photo that had her hands out of the mittens, but I couldn’t really tell what they looked like. I wonder if maybe I could match some BB limbs to her size and try to paint all the pieces to match.

1 Like

Oh I’m sure she’s going to be one happy lady to receive such a gift. That’s the ultimate baby book!

4 Likes

I’m sure she’ll love the album! Does she have a sister that wants her own personal Reborn artist!? I’m available.

1 Like

LoL…wouldn’t that be cool. 50-60 babies per year…that’s alot of babies. I wonder where she keeps them all.

I’ve done Hillary. She turnded out really cute.

I have a Kylah I received in a Christmas swap last year. I adore her! She has the sweetest face and she is so cuddly…kinda short and chunky.

2 Likes

She has a massive room built onto her house that is just for her dolls. Her husband was going to turn the complete upstairs of their home into a doll ‘museum’ for her but she is having trouble climbing stairs due to bad hips and back so she had a huge room instead with glass cases lining all the walls and displays throughout the whole thing…She has over 800 and something dolls she told me at the last count…It is really mind boggling! I would hate to even try to imagine what sort of money is sitting in that room…lol

Heehee…I will ask her Jean…I tell you… I was very blessed for her to 'run across me" and even more blessed that she loved my dolls. I met her through listing weekly on Ebay…she would buy one about every 2 months when I first started and it sort of snowballed where she was buying 1 in 4 I listed, then about every other one and after a while I got where I would just offer her a doll before I would list it…lol If she would buy it, I would make another for Ebay. For about 3 years I was reborning 2 sometimes 3 a week…Just about killed myself…almost burnt out…The only positive is that you become very experienced a lot faster than someone who only reborns a couple dolls each month…I still take on too many custom orders on because I have a hard time telling people no but these days I do tell people that I’m happy to do them but it will be x number of weeks if they are happy to wait…and I always have these kits to fit in along the way so it keeps me steadily busy…

1 Like

Kylah Dickinson has an adorable face. I painted her and I am pretty sure I have another one stashed for “future” reborning.

2 Likes