Emmy's head

So, the other day I bought a seconds Emmy head. I was going to try to pair it with my 3 month Joseph limbs since I burned his head. (Doesn’t work, btw unless you want a baby with an adult size head.) Anyway, the next day was when they put the whole kit on sale. So I bought it too. Well, I just put both heads side by side. They look totally different. The one on the right is slimmer and looks more like the real Emmy. The space between her eyes looks more natural and her nose actually has a bridge. Even their ears look different. It looks like they came from 2 different molds. It got me wondering what the original looked like. That one prototype looks better then the others and better than most done Emmys I’ve seen. Maybe the head is so big that the vinyl is collapsing on most of them and that’s why she doesn’t ever look like the real Emmy and never looks natural. :thinking:

6 Likes

I can see the differences you referring too. Even the color in vinyl is different. I’d made from same mold. How did this happen.

1 Like

When I get home I need to put mine next to each other, I noticed they were different on mine. I ordered 2 kits and ended up with one as a test head. I know for sure the test head is wonky, lol badly misshapen, but I swear the heads from the kits looked much different as well!

2 Likes

Very odd indeed. I only have 1 Emmy head, or I would compare too. I have held off on painting her because I haven’t seen any painted that looks like a real toddler, always very dolly looking. ( not that I have seen every painted one)

That’s interesting maybe one is a china copy? Lol JK

I don’t think those were made from the same mold. They’re very obviously different.

That is interesting. Tag BB and see what they say.:slightly_smiling_face:

That is the thing I was surprised about with Joseph. His head is huge, but he still had baby length limbs…just really chunky. What are the circumferences of the 2 Emmy heads?

2 Likes

Wow that’s really strange. Now I’m wondering if there are differences like this in other kits too.

3 Likes

Someone put up pictures of Landon before where the heads were totally different. We thought it was a fluke, but hmmmm…

2 Likes

That is the thing I was surprised about with Joseph. His head is huge, but he still had baby length limbs…just really chunky. What are the circumferences of the 2 Emmy heads?
[/quote]
Both babies have massive heads. Emmy is 19 inch, Joseph is 17 inches. But according to the government charts, that puts them both at about the 90th percentile for their age and gender. I guess it just looks bigger on vinyl.

My youngest son however had a head so big it was off the charts. I don’t remember the numbers. But at 7 months old, the circumstance was equal to my then 20 year old daughter’s head. Here he is with his big brother who is exactly 10 months older. The older one is adopted and has a normal size head. You can somewhat see the difference in their head size. Caedmon had a big head, and short, fat limbs like Joseph. But at least Joseph is on the chart. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:IMG_7404

10 Likes

So cute!:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

I may have to pull out all my kits that have duplicates just to see if they are different. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Found the thread with the different Landon heads if anyone is interested. Can’t screen shot it because I broke a button on my phone… For the record, I like the cubby face on the right better.

3 Likes

That’s what I did not like about my last Landon the head was so much slimmer looking than all the others I had painted.I tried heating and squishing it from the top and stuffing to try to get it to go chunky but it stayed slender.

1 Like

@bbsupport

That’s really odd. Is the vinyl a different color as well, or is it just the picture?

One is a slightly darker color.

I just got my seconds Emmy :open_mouth: Her head is quite large! Underestimated the size!! What age was she when she scanned or what age is Realborn Emmy supposed to be?

My 5 year old nephew has a head circumference of 21” and is about 47 inches.

1 Like

I was just as blown away as you are by how nearly adult size her head is. I thought maybe it was because I had never done a toddler before…

1 Like