Elisa Marx kit/Belly Plate

I ordered the Elisa Marx kit Edley and the Elisa Marx Belly Plate in 2 separate orders. The vinyl from the kit is not even close to the same color as the belly plate…is this normal? I ordered both from Macpherson Crafts

1 Like

If it is not made at the same time as the kit I would say yes, normal.
Vinyl has changed a lot and I think each batch varies a little. The plate may have been poured a long time ago… or the kit, etc. They used to use a more pinkish vinyl, now they use lighter colors normally. Etc.

1 Like

Shouldn’t they advise that the colors may be different?

2 Likes

Colors can vary between kits, even if they’re from the same sculptor. Different vinyl mixtures are used. Sometimes even the same kit can look slightly different if you buy another one.
Older vinyl can be more orange sometimes. Newer kits tend to be paler.

If you order parts that do not come with the kit itself, you will normally have to color correct the pieces.

So you will need to neutralize/paint the belly plate to match the kit… before starting the kit. Once you have it matched then paint all the pieces as normal.

2 Likes

The belly plate is rather pale and the kit itself is orange. So would you bring the belly plate up to more of an orange ( it’s close to flesh 08 ) or make the kit itself more neutral

1 Like

Sorry new to the reborning thing

1 Like

If you want a lighter baby in the end maybe neutralize the kit first… then paint (add washes to) the plate to match the kit once you are happy with the color
Find the kit color on a color chart then do thin washes of the opposite color

If you want a darker toned baby I would add washes to the plate until it is matching the blank kit… then start painting as normal

1 Like

Thank you