eBay valet

Has anyone tried this? Where you send in items and they sell for you?

You send the actual items to them?

1 Like

I’m not sure what it is. Could you explain more?

1 Like

Well, you send your item to them. They photo it, fix your write up, and sell it for you. I guess you get 80 perfect if what the item sells for. Obviously, eBay gets the rest. I don’t know all the ins and outs… I was wondering if anyone did?

Yes, they even send you the box to ship and the postage labels. It’s part of their service.

It’s an eBay service? Hmmm. For people who sell a lot of items and are busy doing other things, maybe that would be good. I like doing it myself and not having to pay them more than they already require. :smiley:

2 Likes

I wonder if that would prevent “item not as described” disputes?

3 Likes

I noticed on the site they say art isn’t allowed? But collectibles are. So what category are reborns in?

http://sellforme.ebay.com/

2 Likes

I wonder too!!! I wonder if we can tell them what we would want our asking price to be.

Yes, i wonder about that too. Especially as i have been getting messages from eBay recently telling me things like: “Item similar to yours listed at $99 sold for $179!!! Why not try auction starting at similar amount …” LOL, Yes, great I would really be happy if the doll I have listed sell for $179, considering that is close to what I paid for the kit.

By the way, is the 20% just for the valet service or does it include the selling fee? Of-course, PP fee comes on top of that anyway.

3 Likes

The site is very vague. Monday I’ll right down all these excellent questions and call and ask. What makes me nervous is eBay determining what our dolls are worth. There is so much to take into consideration. An average person doesn’t know… I talked to eBay today about one if my listings and the girl in the phone was going crazy because she had never seen or heard of reborn dolls. She asked so many questions and said…, wow, I have never heard of anything like this!!! Then she said… This it the coolest ever! Lol :grinning::grinning::grinning: BUT… This would be an example of someone we would not want setting prices on our dolls.

1 Like