eBay questions

Has anyone shipped worldwide? Does eBay calculate the cost of shipping to the buyer depending on where they live and size and weight of pancake and do you charge for handling or do you have to figure the cost on your own and bill the buyer from other countries. I’m thinking of trying to sell worldwide. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated

I have included worldwide in my auctions although it scares me to think of boxing up a baby and having it make an international trip.

I only know how it was when I set it up…I had measured the box HxWxD and of course the weight. The postage would be according to their location plus the handling charge that I added.

They of course have to pay extra custom fees on their own.

There are so many different way to set up the postage portion of an auction. you really just need to set one up and play with it. You may want to ask for countries that have proved difficult to ship to and eliminate those as options.

Ok thanks

Be warned that not all counties use tracking numbers and eBay can and will refund a theft buyer if they claim they never received item even when they did.
Also PayPal holds the funds up to thirty days if your a new seller.
Alot of risk in shipping worldwide.

Don’t be scared to ship worldwide. You can make people who don’t have reborns in their countries miss out. For example, I’ve been determined to start reborning, even though no one wanted to ship their items to Croatia at the beginning. Even had to bore BB to start shipping here!
I’ve shipped a few small packages to US, and have ordered ALL my reborning stuff and kits from US and GB. Never had any troubles with receiving, and my packages have been received fast, too. Had to pay customs a few times (when a few larger boxes arrived, and on all my BB orders). Even the ones shipped via first class have arrived fast, and those without tracking or insurance.

If you’re scared, take all the necesarry actions to ship your dolls as safely as you can. Provide tracking, use airmail and signed for option and you should be fine. People who really want the doll/kit/whatever will be prepared to pay some extra cash for safer shipping.

Thanks all

I ship worldwide on ebay and have never had any problems. If you enter the diminsions of the packaging (for the baby) - and the weight it will calculate automatically - although I still have people email me on ebay and ask for an estimate on shipping.

— Begin quote from “prettybabydolls”

I ship worldwide on ebay and have never had any problems. If you enter the diminsions of the packaging (for the baby) - and the weight it will calculate automatically - although I still have people email me on ebay and ask for an estimate on shipping.

— End quote

I’m so thankful for people like you. You’ve made it possible for me to start reborning!

Paisley that I’ve bought from you has recently sold, and it always makes me smile when I remember that anticipation and excitment when I first received the kit (it was my second kit I’ve worked on!).

So, thank you again!

— Begin quote from “Friki”

— End quote

I’m so thankful for people like you. You’ve made it possible for me to start reborning!

Paisley that I’ve bought from you has recently sold, and it always makes me smile when I remember that anticipation and excitment when I first received the kit (it was my second kit I’ve worked on!).

So, thank you again!

— End quote

Oh my gosh - I totally started to say “I’ve even shipped to Croatia” lol. I remember that transaction - I had no idea you were the person. Glad your doing so well - and I love your honey baby on your signature - what an angel!

— Begin quote from “Friki”

— End quote

— End quote

So, thank you again!

Oh my gosh - I totally started to say “I’ve even shipped to Croatia” lol. I remember that transaction - I had no idea you were the person. Glad your doing so well - and I love your honey baby on your signature - what an angel!

— End quote

That was back then when BB didn’t shipp to Croatia yet, so I had to manage with Ebay for all my supplies
I was sooo happy to win that auction because it had body and eyes included (+ a gift pajama, yaaay!), so it was a perfect “starter pack” for a beginner like me

I am still pondering selling worldwide. What places should I avoid? I have heard people have problems with Canada is that true? I just don’t know I’m nervouse and scared about doing that with customs and everything ugh I just dont know but at same time want to try it.

I ship worldwide on Ebay and ship to Canada all the time and only had one problem about 5 years ago with a lady who did get her baby but in customs they must have tossed the doll around. When the buyer received her she had no accossories and was scuffed up. So I filed the insurance claim and it took 6 months but they gave me the full amount back that she was insured for. So even with that I still ship to Canada. I just will not ship over seas anything that is over 600.00 if I cannot insure it.
Hope that helps.
Dianna

yes Thank you.

Dianna! I just love, love your babies!! I hope you draw my name someday in a swap! I certainly would love em to bits!

Ok I bit the bullet I listed something and did worldwide so I’ll see how it goes I’m nervouse and excited

At least 1/2 of my dolls have been to International customers, whether from ebay or my internet site. I ship some pretty big boxes, too; 36x12x12. Just to name the countries that come to mind, outside of Canada, Russia, Italy, Brazil, Germany, Thailand, U.K., Ireland, Norway, Japan, and Abu Dhabi. I only had a problem once, and that was that only due to a lengthy stay in customs. But, I was able to check on the progression with International Shipping USPS. I don’t understand Customs or the charges; there doesn’t seem to be a chart analysis to refer to. But trust me, the International buyers can get very hard with additional charges! On other forums, the only negative I have heard is shipping to Australia. To help ensure that a doll won’t be torn apart as they search for contraband, or whatever, those sellers suggest sealing samples of their stuffing, weighting material in separate zip lock baggies, label them, and list what part of the doll those materials are used. They also tape those separate baggies inside the top area of the box, with a brief note explaining that the materials in the baggies are to be an aid to the inspectors. I have not shipped to Australia yet, and I always think long and hard before I decide not to exclude them. On the other hand, shipping to Australia is pricey, so maybe that will never be a consideration anyway!

For those that didn’t know, the Create a Listing on ebay has an opportunity to add on shipping and handling costs, that are unseen by the bidder/buyer, and are factored into the shipping costs for both domestic and International customers. I do add a $5 additional charge, as my boxes are not recycled and are purchased from ULine, along with bubble wrap and packing tape. I wish I didn’t have to do that, but ebay and paypal fees really can impact the seller. Again, that is only for my biggie boxes, not the freebies from the post office.

Like mentioned, always include a note with your listing for International customers to contact you first for the exact shipping costs, before bidding, so there aren’t surprises or problems.
Yup, like some of my other postings, I was wordy again…argh! Sorry
Blessings,Bonnie

I don’t mind the wordy part - I do that too! But the info is priceless! Thanks!