Ebay has changed

I can’t believe how ebay has changed. Once you filter out the Chinese knock-offs, there is not much left. There are a bunch of poorly done dolls, very cheap, and then occasionally a lovely reborn. But they are so rare now. I remember when you used to see baby after beautiful baby on there. What has happened? I suspect that most of the reborn artists have sought out other venues for selling.

16 Likes

Yes, I would agree. I think between all of the fees on there and the fact that there are scammers and the Chinese dolls now, most have moved on to other places.

4 Likes

Facebook seems to be popular now.

3 Likes

I know Izzy. Everything is Facebook and I just don’t understand it well enough to get on the bandwagon. I have my personal facebook page, but I guess everyone has one for their nursery… I just don’t understand how they get any exposure. I have tried and tried to understand how to make facebook work for me, but I don’t get it. I also suffer from a very odd malady. Whenever I spend any time on Facebook, I get very anxious. There is no reason for it, but it happens anyway so going on Facebook is uncomfortable to me.

3 Likes

I’m with you Helen, I just don’t know how to work it at all. I wish I was more computer literate so I would know how to do some of this stuff that others speak of so easily. I don’t have anyone around to help so I just do without. Wish I had grown up with these machines so they wouldn’t feel so foreign.

4 Likes

Haha i do facebook on my phone if that makes a difference i cant even find how to get to my own wall lol
I can find other groups. on new groups or all groups and chat put up photos . thats about it for me and facebook…i jnow even in bee groups there are acton more than what comes up.

2 Likes

“Home” is your wall. Your name next to home is your profile.

1 Like

I agree! So ridiculous!

2 Likes

Facebook is my main selling place. I only sell a very special limited edition doll on eBay only.

The thing with Facebook is you need a “page” not your personal account. You cannot generate enough business from the personal one.
With a page you get “likers” who are interested in your dolls. Then when you have a doll available and post a photo telling people he/she is for sale those people will see it and might buy it. Sometimes you have to “boost post” which is paying Facebook a fee you set to advertise the doll. I usually do $7 advertising and will usually sell within hours.
So say it’s $500 doll I’m saving $43 not selling on eBay. Plus you advertising gets more people liking your page who have never heard of Reborns so then you have a whole new set of customers and I get a large amount of custom requests everyday because of this.
People share my photos thru reborn groups etc… I get new customers from there, from people referring me as well. It’s just a very easy way to do business once you get the hang of it.

Lol a cheap way to sell a doll without paying advertising on Facebook is a photo with the caption " new baby girl/boy for sale, needs a name any suggestions?"
Because once someone comments (and everyone has baby names to share and its fun to play along) their friends can see it that, then they comment and it goes “viral” usually have to delete once sold as the comments can keep going. Or delete after 24hours is best. I had one doll have 1.2k people comment on it after only 12 hours. My phone alerts me to every comment so I had to delete it.

Maybe I should do a YouTube tutorial on how to run a successful Facebook reborn business?

5 Likes

Now that I have a new Facebook page, Carol’s Kids Reborn Nursery, I have gone back into the archives to read information that was previously posted about how to make this an effective sales tool. I have posted my babies there, and have linked them to the Reborns.com site for possible purchase. I do not know how to move this page out so more people are seeing it and so someone might actually see it and want to but a baby. I would appreciate any ideas or information that someone here could provide. I think this is a valuable tool, so I hope no one minds me digging out the previous information.

1 Like

If you dont mind me asking, what do you choose as your target audience for boosts?

1 Like

I haven’t done a boost yet since I am near to completing another doll and want to do it when she is listed, too, but I have it ready to go from ages 16 to 65 plus. I thought that would be a range to hit someone who would like a baby.

Right, but you can narrow it down by categories also. Curious as to what they would be.

1 Like

I have listed reborn doll, doll collecting, baby dolls, and art dolls. Gender is women. I hope that would hit a nice broad audience and sell some dolls. I just learned about this today watching the Facebook help videos.

I do 21-65 only because the young kids get very full on, asking a million questions and usually not able to afford it anyway. On my page advertising so all over general page I advertising to women only. But I don’t put doll, baby doll tags in it anymore because I find I’m getting a lot more customers who never knew about reborns this way.
On dolls I’m trying to sell with a boosted post I have the people who like your page and their friends one selected. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you for all this info!!! I had no idea!!! That’s so great, I’m going to have to try it! Question… I have a personal page and a nursery page… Can my friends see both? If I boost a post, can all my friends from my personal page see it? I have way more friends than I do people following my page… :grimacing:

Yes, please! I would love to see this so I can market my babies. My husband has told me (with a smile) “it is time for these children to spread their wings and leave home”. If you don’t tag it “doll” or “baby doll”, what tags do you put on it? Just reborn dolls? Thanks for your information.

1 Like

I put no tags at all. I leave it blank to get more people seeing my page.

1 Like

I guess if you like your own page and select the ‘people who like your page and their friends’ they will be able to see it. You can invite your personal friends to like your page, that helps too. As then their friends will see the page.

1 Like

Cool! Thank you so much for this!!!

1 Like