Easter Swap

@Adorablecreations I am in a small town with only two clothing stores Beals, which is changing its name and merchendise, and Walmart of course. I was hoping that hand made and gently used would work. It would work for me. What are your and everyone’s thoughts? Otherwise I will order online praying that things will arrive in a timely manner.

1 Like

@AtticFlowersDollArt That’s completely fine with me. Sometimes hand made is better than store bought.

1 Like

I bought something online but then went to the store today and found something. I was worried about the date it would arrive.

1 Like

@Adorablecreations I am not trying to be a downer but do you think we should postpone the Swap?

1 Like

@AtticFlowersDollArt I have someone who is suppose to ship tomorrow and I know a few have already bought things. I think it might be a good thing in all this mess.

1 Like

I am not participating, so I have no voice on saying Yes or No, but I think it will be very responsible if you, guys, will cancel it.

2 Likes

Everyone please chime in. I am one of the older people that is susceptible, not that everyone isn’t but just saying.

@babymaw @Reborndaddyog @Katinafleming @ShawnP @katy777 @hellbunny33 @Zink @Nikkiroc @

3 Likes

Maybe keep the package outside for a day or two. It can live on plastic three say, cardboard 24 hrs. I’d just leave it on my porch. Honestly, people are grocery shopping and it can be anywhere. It is bad. It can be in mid air for 20minutes yikes!!! I hope you will be okay! I am worried about my girl and mom.

2 Likes

I hear you but we do have to shop and mail. Whatever you all decide I am ok with.

1 Like

Ahh, yeah I probably wouldn’t be out if I didn’t have to be. You may want to get stuff for at least a month for your house in the early morning because it is going to get worst. Poor Italy just outranked China in death toll. :disappointed:

3 Likes

We had 15 cases last week now 97. Wrong again just saw we are at 134 :woman_facepalming:

Some places in the US are going to make business stay closed by using force.

2 Likes

I feel like I had a dream about this and this conversation.
Yeah, I can see it happening especially where I live. People are not taking it seriously.

1 Like

So are we postponing the swap? It sounds like we should. I just found out there is coronavirus in the next county from me.

2 Likes

My point was not about box being exposed to the virus (however that too), but think about postal workers. They are human, it will be 20% less of them very shortly as people do get sick. Many people are buying essentials online now as store are empty, so while most of us sitting home they are there working, delivering the packages. Why unnecessary add to all that? That is just my perspective.

4 Likes

Something like this should begin to hit every state soon! Thank you for the info Jenni!
https://www.covid19.ca.gov/stay-home-except-for-essential-needs/

4 Likes

Some places are closing in my area.
Like my babysitting has been down hill last couple weeks and not going to be able to babysit for a couple more weeks as people are not being able to go to work cause places closing here. I babysit for 2 families one works from home but needs help with baby. Other family 4 kids ages 2-8 years of age range and the mom working from home right now for safety as she is pregnant and the husband works at a restaurant and not able to work tomorrow like fast food places there on,aloud to go through drive through. The husband for one of the families I work for he’s one of the three managers for Red Robin.
Schools closed till April 24th here and library closed till further notice also I heard. Was able to shop for my person and will be able to ship my box of goodies for my person sometime this month for them. I’m excited for my person I hope they like. I love to shop for others.

1 Like

I think Texas has the same restrictions today… I am sure more states to follow.

3 Likes

I love to shop for others too but we can’t be selfish. As @YelenaRey said We have to think of the bigger picture. Just postpone till everything clears up.

3 Likes

Just let me know if we cancel or not. My things are ready to be packed to ship.

1 Like