Drew sculpt

I was in an EMS workshop this weekend and I have reborn the Drew Sculpt into Zacary Judd

Everyone loved his weight and size and such. Lots of instructors were there and showed interest in him and are going to see if they can get funding for one for their preemie classes. Now my delima is How do I make him look different. One woman wants one exactly like Zacary, since he ran on a little one who had been given bleach to drink, who looked just like him and his name was Zacary. He is just fine now and a healthy active 10 year old. His siblings who were 4 and 5 decided he looked like he needed a bottle and had gotten a dirty one out of the sink and opened the only liquid they could get. Zac had drank about a cup. The mom was freaked when she called 911. Anyway, I do not mind doing another just like him since this is her story and Zacary’s mom is ok with it. I had a blond baby with me and the response was nothing like to the darker hair. He has to have the same skin tone to be the look of a preemie. If i change the hair color a few shades will it make a lot of difference? If anyone has reborn a Drew sculpt could you please show it so I can see what different hair colors have been used?

Well, if they liked this Zachary, sell them this one and just make another for yourself. I don’t think we can ever get two exactly the same - close, but not exactly.

This Zacary is already sold. He went to his new mommy I think 2 weeks ago. She had him at the workshop also. That is how she saw him. I had a man ask me if I had been talked to by a company of any kind to maybe do them for the ones they sell. Scared the pee out of me. I am in no way capable of doing anything on large scale and would never just mass produce. Which is why I am a bit worried about this. I do have an old CPR baby I am going to try to do something with but will have to go back to air dry paints. I love the genesis but if i can help anyone with a class baby and help prepare students I would love to but not mass produce.

It certainly sounds like a good opportunity for you to hone your craft. The consistency can come from doing more & more babies. Are they stuck on this one sculpt of Drew? There are other preemies like Rosebud and Caleb, maybe you could show them others and make suggestions. While I haven’t done Rosebud, so many seem to love her for her realistic features - she might be a really good one for that purpose. And, as for mass production, if it were me, I’d have to explain that they are done one at a time and like no two children are exactly alike - neither will mine be.
But don’t be timid about taking this opportunity and running with it! You can do it.

Are you teaching reborning classes? If that’s what you mean by mass production, they can just make their own, right? I’m sorry if I don’t understand but I can never seem to make two that look exactly alike and I’ve even tried to paint two at the same time and they still come out a little different. There might be some pics online if you Google preemies and see what their hair and skin tones look like. Zachary sure has an amazing story and I’m so glad he’s healthy now!

Heck no Karen I am not even good enough to teach anyone else to reborn. This is a company who manufacturers CPR manquins and are interested in making their products look real. I told him I was going to take the old ones I had been given and would let him see them at conference. Which is in August.

I disagree! I think you ARE good enough to teach others to reborn! I was asked to teach a class at the local community college and I very politely said NO. I have ZERO patience and I just know that if I had to sit there very long and watch people globbing on the paint and messing up all over the place, I’d have a breakdown, for sure. You might even see me on the news that night, wearing an orange jumpsuit and babbling about the voices that made me do it.
Your babies are darling, and YES…you are GOOD!!!

Hugs,

Karen

1 Like

I absolutely agree with Karen!

Doing and teaching are miles apart!!

Deb - I have faith that you can create & teach if you chose to do so.

I once taught a young lady who did not speak English how to knit. I showed her the stitches, helped her learn by hands on training, and she was able to create a raglan sweater before we were done. As I said, in the end, it’s your choice, a great opportunity, and most of all don’t short sell yourself. Don’t let anyone convince you that you can’t do anything you set your mind to do!

Ty for the vote of confidence. I will post the CPR baby when I have a chance. I just got her and had to cone back to work for 48 hours. I am going to have to clean a whole lot to get her usable. I may see if her insides would fit in a newborn body. Her lungs are pretty big and the chest has to be just right in order to get the real feel when doing compression. I will talk to him again in August if not before. I just have so much to learn I have only been reborning since October of 2011. But one funny thing did come if the talk. I said it would be so much fun to be able to stay home and make babies. One of the guys who was casually walking by heard just this. He got chocked on his coffee he was drinking and then turned around and gave us the eye. LOL goes to show you should never ease drop on just part of a conversation

— Begin quote from “Debora Jenkins”

Ty for the vote of confidence. I will post the CPR baby when I have a chance. I just got her and had to cone back to work for 48 hours. I am going to have to clean a whole lot to get her usable. I may see if her insides would fit in a newborn body. Her lungs are pretty big and the chest has to be just right in order to get the real feel when doing compression. I will talk to him again in August if not before. I just have so much to learn I have only been reborning since October of 2011. But one funny thing did come if the talk. I said it would be so much fun to be able to stay home and make babies. One of the guys who was casually walking by heard just this. He got chocked on his coffee he was drinking and then turned around and gave us the eye. LOL goes to show you should never ease drop on just part of a conversation

— End quote

Well at least you got someone’s attention!!!

Yes was so funny. He and his dirty mind.