Doll for Women's Shelter

Hello :slight_smile:
I was thinking about doing a donation doll for a local women’s shelter, In case they get a young girl in there with her mom or someone else who could use some dolly love :smile:
I think I’ve decided on sweet Rosebud. Does anyone know where I can get some cheap,child friendly clothes and accessories for her?

Thank you so much for any answers :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I am making Rosebud for my daughter. I wondered if she could wear AG Bitty Baby clothes. That is what I am going to try when I get her done.

That’s a good idea, Let me know how it works out :slight_smile:

Okay. I might stuff her body and piece her together to see if it’s going to work before I actually finish her. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Thank you so much!

I can’t wait to do Rosebud! And precious gift! And tibby! And Gabriel! Lolol

4 Likes

So many babies! I know how you feel. I’d have all of them, If I had the money. I hope to have Rosebud done before Christmas, But I’m not going to rush myself. After I’m done painting her, I’m going to be sending her to get her hair painted by my friend who is amazing!
I’m hoping to find some little doll bottles and diapers for her, So the new mommy can take care of her new baby!

1 Like

I got a shirt and diaper set for a couple rosebuds at toys r us. I think it was like 6bucks or so.

1 Like

How much does your friend charge to paint hair??? If she takes orders please let me know! I stink!

I don’t know, She offered to do it for free for the donation baby. I offered to pay her,but she said no.
I’m sure you could pm her and ask, Or wait for her to see this post
@WillowsWeeOnes

1 Like

Oh yay! It’s willow!!! Thanks DC!!!:heart:

1 Like

No problem :slight_smile: She’s one of the best at painting hair that I know! And she’s so nice!

2 Likes

That is such great info to know!!!:smiley::heart:️:smiley::heart:

I’m so glad I found this forum, And all the sweet helpful people on here :blush:
Does anyone else have any ideas as to what I should include with the baby. I want to be able to make the new mommy happy, I want her to find comfort in this baby. It’s scary being homeless, Especially for a child. I want to help take some of that fear and sadness away

You probably don’t want your cost to be too high, so I’m thinking just the basics; doll, outfit, blanket and bottle. My daughter stuffed some cotton balls into a baby bottle to make her own reborn bottle when I wouldn’t let her make a liquid solution. It looked pretty cool and was totally safe.

2 Likes

No, I don’t. But I definitely want to include a few extra things.
That’s a good idea actually, Thanks!

Hello Nichole! I will take orders from anyone who wants painted hair on there reborn! You don’t have to pay me, I just paint hair because its fun! :smile:
If you want we can set up a PM page.

3 Likes

You’re so sweet Willow! :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you DC, you are sweet too! Sweeter than me! :smile: :heart:

1 Like