Doll Display Ideas For Craft Sale?

Hi everyone. I have my craft sale coming up the first weekend in November. I will have a table that is full of my knitting items so no room to display dolls. I have two bassinets that I normally bring and put 2 to 3 dolls in each one. My problem this year is that I have more dolls than six to bring to the craft sale and need an idea of how to display since it will be too many for my bassinets. There will be no room to put any babies on my table with all of my knitting so I need something that can stand alone on the floor and hold about 15 babies or so. I’m also not looking to spend a huge amount on the display since I only do this craft sale once a year and I likely will not have this many babies another year and will be able to go back to using my bassinets. Any ideas on what to use to display my babies?

2 Likes

Are you going to have a canopy / pop-up type cover, or are you going to be next to a wall of some type? You might have some other options if so. Or could you just take another table?

You could get a lot of dolls on the crate cube things… but mine was not sturdy and I did not trust it to hold many dolls. You could use cable ties to reinforce it… other people use them at ROSE. I think you saw some there in 2018
This is one of the vendors from previous years… You could set it on the floor… but not sure people would see the bottom row so I wouldnt put any down there… (I think enough for 4 cubes come in each pack)

23e8fa86d7749f5d3e222d8f3e34855e665faaf4_1_690x388
This year I used turn tube shelves… they are easy to assemble once you get there. The gray ones were 4 shelves tall and I only used 3 so they were not too tall for me to reach once on top of the tables… I zip tied 2 units together on each side table. (they do sell some wider units and 5 shelve units also)
Picture before I added my reborns before the show floor opened

I ordered all white but got gray sent to me. Thankfully all 4 units matched. lol

8 Likes

13 Likes

Love the baskets

3 Likes

Yes I did see the crate cubes so it was the only thing that I had in my mind as a possibility. I didn’t realize I could put two babies in one cube so that would be good not needing to buy so many.

2 Likes

No, there won’t be a canopy and I won’t be near a wall so that cuts down the options.

1 Like

The basket idea is super cute. Not sure how much the baskets would cost and looks like the stands would be custom? Really cute.

2 Likes

Could you hang up some of your knitted items on a rack above the babies or at the ends of the table?

1 Like

I already bring a closet organizer rack to hang a lot of times on. I also have a quilt rack that I was thinking I wouldn’t bother setting up this year to make room for the extra babies. I have too much variety in crafts, would be easier if I only had one hobby!

I’ve seen people simply stack wooden crates on their sides with a small pillow or folded blanket inside. It looks pretty cute too!

3 Likes

That would be a good idea too. I’m going to have to go shopping and see what I can find for a reasonable price. At least I have some good ideas to get me started on what to look for.

1 Like

Vivian of Forever Sproutz used cubes and a closet rod to hang clothes
You could do cubes on the floor on each side of the table then some on the table and the rod in between to hang clothes… you could possibly do 2 rods if the cubes go high enough…

4 Likes

If I am to look at a display I prefer neat and tidy - like the wooden crates or little pillows covered in blankets. I find the wire cubes to look crowded and a little bit of chaos. My brain can’t handle that so I would be inclined to keep walking past. Whenever I go to Women’s Shows or craft shows I am always attracted to simple, clean displays where everything has order but is soft enough to look inviting. When anything looks crammed or cramped or too flashy and bright I keep walking.

2 Likes

The first picture of turning baskets tree is brilliant if the baskets are large enough to hold babies! And so compact! You are so awesome, Taunya!

1 Like

Yes, I love that one.

1 Like

I just imagined those baskets line up with blankets and dolls sitting in them under different angles - so cute!

May I ask what other craft will you display? Or better if you will take a picture from your show :slight_smile:
Wishing you luck and be sold out!

Mostly knitting and some quilts, which I might not bring this year to accommodate my extra babies. My youngest daughter normally comes with me as well and sets up a little table where she does henna tattoos.

2 Likes

How fun!

I was trying to think, compact and maybe a hunny do project lol. Gotta love Pinterest

1 Like