Doll armature

Is there any other tool you can use to separate ball and socket armature other than the armature pliers? I am trying to not to have to purchase the pliers as i will only use an armature one time.

My husband pops them off with a screwdriver. Put it in the ead and lever it until it pops off.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I used 2 pairs of pliers for leverage and a lot of muscle. I just kept bending until they popped off.

Be careful trying that as you can actually snap the armature leaving just the round ball bit in the socket which leaves it unusable. As there is no way you will get that ball out! Also, while you might just about get them apart without the pliers you have to use them to get it back together. Nothing else will press them into place.

Unless you have a strong and patient husband like mine :wink:

Wow how did he fix that stuff together without the pliers?!

If you use armature all the time, or make your own, the tool is worth it. For one doll, it’s not.

I purchased a 2fr piece of armature from CRcrafts. The armature shows Jeton on it. I counted to the amount I would need and just put pressure with my hands where I wanted to separate them and they popped right off with no issue. I thought I would share. I was so surprised it took no effort.

1 Like

That’s where I buy mine, but the larger one was really hard to get apart. The narrower one was easier.

1 Like

@Evee #Supergirl

2 Likes

LOL!!! I wish. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

That is really really unusual, it normally just keeps bending but won’t actually come apart unless you put so much pressure it properly snaps. How are people connecting and disconnecting this stuff without the pliers? I use it a lot and nothing but the proper tool works, and as you need one set of pliers for every size it gets expensive real quick.

2 Likes

I do not have an answer. I have never used this type of armature. It was sold by the foot.

1 Like