Does this look like a misprint/defect?

I purchased a Coco Malu. The neck ring thing lol is really thick and the groove where you attach the head to the body isn’t deep. I also noticed where the kit is like marked with the artist name on the back of head you can only see the first letters of her name. The rest isn’t deep.

Is the a U.S. kit? Is it a seconds? I have never seen a kit that was made like that. That said, it looks like it will still work.

1 Like

It is a US kit. I purchased from Dollssoreal. He’s not supposed to be a seconds. The only issue is I don’t want a head falling of the body. Also, do you know if Coco Malu is supposed to come with a COA.

Thank you.

How would Dolls So Real get a fake? I’ve saw the fakes on EBay.

I’ve seen pictures of blank Elisa Marx kits and they do seem to have abnormally thick neck rings.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion. Will try.

Thank you. I was trying to find images of the blank versions and I couldn’t find any. I’ve never saw this before in a kit but it must just be Marx kits.

1 Like

Dolls so real are usually really well to work with, also a lot of Elisa Marx kits the the heads are made that way. You won’t need to use a neck ring. But I’d still let them know just in case.

1 Like

Thank you. I emailed them yesterday just waiting for their response.

I have her here and am currently working on her. Looks the same as mine and I did not get a certificate either, if that is any help?

1 Like

Thank you both. So Marx’s kits just have thick neck flanges.

1 Like

Izzy,
I really appreciate your posting links like this one. Many thanks for your being the computer whizz you are
\o/

1 Like

The ladies above are right…I have done most all of Eliza Marx babies and that is a normal “Eliza Marx” trademark…lol I am not a fan of it mostly because you have to make sure that the body is stuffed correctly or you have a bit of an ‘interesting’ problem with the ring sticking out…I love her kits though…they are so adorable…

1 Like

Is there any way to trim off some of the vinyl with an exacto knife?

You actually could if you wanted too as it’s normally a fairly thick flange…might be worth a try if it really bothered whoever is reborning the doll???

1 Like

I’m doing a Linda Shere (an oldie) and it has that wide lower flange. Actually it balances nicely on the protruding dolly joints. Tilts the head weird though.