Does anyone know why my needles are making noticeable holes?

For some reason my needle is leaving noticeable holes after rooting! It only happens in some spots on the head. Is it because the head is too warm? Not warm enough? Has anyone had this happen, and what can I do? I usually paint hair, not root, but I don’t remember this happening before when I’ve rooted. Thank you!!!
Also, I am going to try to put some matte varnish on the holes and do a bake. I’m not sure how this will affect the hair though.

2 Likes

Honey I had to laugh cause I don’t see any holes I know it’s hard to show in photos but I think once your done rooting they won’t be noticeable at all. Your hair doesn’t look pluggy in the slightest

4 Likes

I can see what you mean when I expand the picture. It looks like the visible holes are in the varnish, not the vinyl. Can you try putting a wet washcloth over the hair and bake it to see if the holes disappear? I’d be afraid varnish would get in the hair and ruin your hard work.

1 Like

You are on to something here! I bet it is the varnish! I tried to do a really thin layer over the head, but some spots may be thicker and that’s why it’s only leaving the holes in some places. Thank you!

Thank you! Blond hair is so much easier to root, because the plugs don’t show up like they do with dark hair :smiley:

1 Like

I get those holes sometimes too. It’s the varnish. Usually when I wet the hair to style it, those varnish holes disappear.

1 Like

I get those sometimes also, I bake the head after rooting with a wet washcloth on top and they disappear.

1 Like

Perfect advice, thank you!

1 Like

I don’t varnish the head where I’m going to root hair, it’s the perfect solution. Just varnish the front and around the back of the neck, leave the top unvarnished (or anywhere that you are going to put hair).

2 Likes

Yes!!!

I have that same problem with those pink needles. They work the best but I hate see the holes in the varnish. I heat the head and everything. I hate seeing them.

1 Like

Ugh. Have you found a way to get them to disappear? I’m going to try heating the head, I’ll let you know what happens.

What are these pink needles called? Your rooting looks wonderful :blush:

1 Like

Heavenly Illusions.

2 Likes

Oh thank you! I ordered them from macphersons.

1 Like

Yep!

@Mommy2six thank you both ladies! :heart:

1 Like