Does anyone know...Giorgio By Francesca Figa

I have a beautiful baby boy in my collection, Giorgio By Francesca Figa. He has this indent in the back of his head. It doesn’t bother me, but I thought I would ask because I am stumped. I googled it, and babies do have soft spots in the back of their head like this one. But Macpherson’s doesn’t show the back of the kits head, so I am just wondering if anyone has painted this kit and knows if this is suppose to be there? It’s the first I have seen someone sculpt a baby with a soft spot in the back like this.

2 Likes

I have this kit. Haven’t painted him yet, but if I can dig him out tomorrow I can look and see if the indent is there. Remind me tomorrow in case I get busy.

3 Likes

I worked in a newborn nursery and I never saw a soft spot that far back. It just looks like a dent to me, like it was sitting on top of something. Maybe heating would make it pop out.

3 Likes

I think I have her mini Laura. They are so different.

Thank you!!

I thought so too. I only heard of the one on top of the head, but then when I looked it up, it says there is one on the back of the head too. So I wasnt sure if this was suppose to be like that or not.
Screenshot 2022-06-07 11.00.19 PM

1 Like

There are two, but the 2nd one isn’t usually quite so far back. It tends to be smaller and less noticeable but maybe that’s what the indentation is supposed to be.

I would be worried it was a crack on the inside.
I have only had cracked belly plates but the other side gets a dip.

1 Like

It’s been a crazy day and I haven’t been able to locate which box he is in yet. I will get to it tomorrow after I get home. :smiley:

1 Like

Mini Laura has the indentation on the top of her head that is similar to yours and then like a fingerprint in the very back of her head. Not the same as the top but it’s there.

1 Like

oh it’s okay. Thank you! I appreciate it.

I looked through my bins today and I can’t find him. Trying to remember where I put him. I will keep looking around. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Finally found him. He was in a box in the closet that I forgot I had. :joy:

He definitely has a fontanelle on the back of his head.

3 Likes

Sure does. It’s a really big one.

1 Like

Sure is! :laughing:

Wow! Thank you so very much for this! Im so sorry you had a hard time finding it, but truly appreciate it! I’m so glad that it is suppose to be there. Saving this picture. <3 I was so worried that my poor baby may have had something happen to him. But this makes me feel so much better.

2 Likes

Glad this helps you feel better about it. No problem on finding him. I had forgotten I’d put a bin of kits way in the closet and hadn’t put them with the other bins that in the corner of my room. Getting that bin out helped me reorganize things. :smiley:

1 Like