Does anyone do bald babies?

I was just wondering if anyone ever leaves their babies bald? All three of my boys were bald for months and these Ashleys are looking cute as baldys. I plan to eventually start selling and I don’t know if bald babies have a harder time selling.

9 Likes

Bald babies are ALL I do and I have no trouble selling them. When I retire I may consider rooting - but it has not kept me from doing customs or selling so I am in no hurry.

2 Likes

Oh that’s good to hear! Thanks! :slight_smile:

I used to do bald babies when I was starting out and when my rooting wasn’t perfect. Now I only do rooted babies. Bald babies do not have a harder time selling especially if they have a nicely sculpted head, soft spot, and are very realistically painted (including stork bites, capillaries on their head, veins, shading, etc). Bald babies can also look very realistic. Many babies are born bald or with barely visible hair these days. :grinning:

3 Likes

I painted Joseph for my sister. She wanted him bald. She wanted a baby that looked like her son that had passed away. He was an adult when he passed. He wanted the baby to look like him when he was a baby. She said the baby gives her comfort. He was a very fair skin tone. I am a newbie and this gave me practice. I am not at the level of the artists here. I know it will take time.

4 Likes

I’ve got a few bald keepers. I love that they don’t get messy hair and it saves time (and a bit of money) on rooting.

Lucy (twin A)

Lizzie (Levi)

7 Likes

I love baldies!:two_hearts:

2 Likes

I paint bald babies

1 Like

I love bald babies and have made quite a few baldies.

1 Like

I root all of mine to sell, but my favorite keeper I ever bought is bald and I am planning a keeper that is bald. I love not having to worry about maintaining hair and I do not like painted hair. I think there are definitely buyers for bald babies if that is what you are worried about :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bald babies are my favorite so that is what I like to do! :heart:

1 Like

They look great like that to me.

1 Like

I love Baldies!

1 Like

All of mine had been bald or have had prisma pencil hair. I’m rooting my first head now! (I’m a new artist that’s why)

4 Likes

Omg, those are fantastic! I’m dying over the top few. What sculpt is that? Also, you definitely don’t look like a new artist. :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you! He’s Realborn Reese, he is such a cute baby :slight_smile: I’ve done more baldies but didn’t want to flood your thread haha

2 Likes

I think most people prefer some type of hair, root, paint, penciled,very fine painted peach fuzz, something BUT some people do Love Baldies. Personally, I would never buy one, and I think it may limit your customer base. JMO

2 Likes

I would love to see them!

1 Like

Here are some more :slight_smile: Personally I haven’t had a super hard time selling bald babies- Most of mine sell within two weeks max. But that’s also because I do mostly biracial and price them quite low. Skya (The last baby) is my latest and she is the one I am rooting currently!

2 Likes

Personally I’d prefer bald over painted but prefer rooted. I’ve seen very few painted hairs that i liked. Most still look dollish. I’d prefer bad rooting over bad painting any day.

2 Likes