Does anybody sign their dolls?

I was just wondering who signs their babies. I never have but one of my friends said I should.

I haven’t made one yet. But the one I bought has the nursery name sewn on baby’s body. I’ll take a picture to show you if you’d like.

1 Like

Yes, I always sign mine.

I sign and date mine on the bum.

I have never signed mine, just included the certificate. I’ve considered signing the flange before putting the head on. I’ve also considered signing the body but haven’t so far. I just include my name as reborn artist on the birth certificate.

A very long time ago I ran into Madame Alexander’s nephew and he noticed I didn’t sign my soft-sculture dolls and told me I needed to. When he returned home, he had his aunt send a handwritten note to me and she also told me to sign and date my dolls. I’ve carried that into the reborns. I do sign and date the flanges, too. Why not? We’re creating works of art and artists sign their work.

1 Like

I will sign mine from now on. I guess people like to know who made their dolls.

1 Like

I never sign mine but I always put my initials when I do the veins on the leg. Well signing the butt is a good idea. You just use a sharpy? That’s like my cabbage patch kid. The butt is signed. Yes I’m almost 39 an I still have my first cabbage patch kid. Was the only doll my mom could get me to play with. My sister hated me I use to rip the heads of her Barbie dolls. I wish my mom was alive to see my babies. Sorry Im missing her a lot lately :frowning:

1 Like

I was going to sign mine, as well, but I forgot on both my dolls, so far. Oops.

Yes, I use a fine point sharpy and sign before stuffing so I can lay it flat. I place cardboard piece in the body so the ink doesn’t bleed through to the front.

I always sign, number and date the bottom of the neck flange and also the bum. After putting in all that work creating a baby, I want credit for it! I always have signed other art pieces I’ve done, and this is no different to me! I too find a fine point sharpie works perfectly and should be permanent.

1 Like

I have a specific mark I paint on each of my babies and I sign the bum with my name and the date. No matter what we do someone can change out the body and strip our name off but at least we don’t have to make it easy for them.

1 Like