Does anybody know?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good site to buy bodies?
I need a couple for 20" 3/4 limb dolls and one for a bountiful baby kit that is 18" and has 3/4 legs and FULL arms. (Bountiful baby’s sold out of the one I need for the 18" with full limbs and I’d like to place one order from one place for bodies, otherwise I’d use bb)

I don’t want anything too expensive as I am still learning techniques and such (I’ve done 7 dolls I believe to date-…and a couple are for my mother in law Bonnie who is just starting out…)

Also, magnets…? What size are good for pacifiers and inside of the head? Are there any good places to buy in bulk (like 10 or 20)??

And last-
Any places that sell test heads and limbs? My mil wants to do some practicing before starting her first quality bountiful baby kit…I see a lot of people who have had some but traded them… Any help there would be wonderful.

Thanks for any help steering me in the correct direction.

HERE! LOL

I occasionally buy bodies and when I do I buy them from Bountiful Baby, fairly good quality, and price is usually ok. I do wait until they are onsale to purchase many. I also make my bodies and BB here sells the fabric for the same price you would pay at just about any fabric store that carries the doe suede. But the shipping is expensive because the fabric weighs a LOT! LOL

Everything youmention I buy here on this site. Magnets, etc. Now is the best time to get test limbs as they are only 29 cents a piece at the moment and you will never find them that price elsewhere. Most of the dealers sell their test pieces for 4 dollars apiece. What you have seen us trade around are test heads from here. They had them for only 1.99 apiece and some of us got 5 or so of the same sculpt so we traded around to get some variety. Right now the test heads are 4.95 each…still a good price in comparison to other sites that charge upwards of 5 dollars. Most of the test heads here on BB are of great quality. I have purchase a bunch over the years and make full kits out of them using spare limbs purchased here also and use them for charity babies etc. I have NEVER gotten one with any kind of major flaw. Actually I have found more annoying flaws in first quality kits here and on the expensive artist’s sites. You can’t beat the value of BB for just about everything except hair!
For hair I recommend Angela Sprott (if you catch her in a place where she has time to do any), and Sugargliderus. I have used both of these ladies hair and loved it. I do not like Slumberland…had an issue with 3 different purchases but others swear there is NO OTHER brand worth using. So maybe mine was an aberrant goat! LOL Everyone has their own personal favorite fiber producer.
Hope this helps
Joy

Hi Joy!
Thank you
I can’t find test parts on the site? I went to kits but I only see whole kits, not test parts?
I am sure I’m just missing them… I’ll look again…

I would buy the bodies at bb but the one I need the most is out of stock and if I made the body myself my dolls would have more problems haha! The kit I have I need the body most for is called GRANT.

Hi!
Here is a link to the test parts available now:

http://www.bountifulbaby.com/seaside/in … se&c=33411
If they are out of a certain size of body I just go one size down. It works perfectly for me. Actually for Libby I always use the body they recommend for Heather sized doll, so instead of a 23 inch dolls body i use a 22 inch dolls body. It doesnt make much difference, actually I prefer it for some

Thank you for the link!!
As for the bodies, do they make any other bodies in the 16-18" range with 3/4 legs and FULL arms like Grant?
That’s the problem I’m finding… Everything is 3/4 limbs or 3/4 arms and full legs- I need the opposite…lol

Bodies—Janie (Nightngale) and Carmen (Mcnair6) both make great bodies. Send them a message and see if they can help you out. I buy my doe suede from CRs Crafts.

Okay awesome! Thank you for the recommendations!

I love Carmen’s bodies. She has several different styles but the best part is the selection of colors she has. I loved the white bodies because they looked like onesies when the doll is undressed. Only thing is that any stray hair from the mohair shows up!

— Begin quote from “MiddleOfNowhereNursery”

Thank you for the link!!
As for the bodies, do they make any other bodies in the 16-18" range with 3/4 legs and FULL arms like Grant?
That’s the problem I’m finding… Everything is 3/4 limbs or 3/4 arms and full legs- I need the opposite…lol

— End quote

Ohhhh! I see what you mean. I actually DIDNT buy Leah because i was worried about finding the correct body for her since bb was out, and i did want to have to pay 25 bucks for a custom one :confused: I see what you mean…
(

I bought 5 test heads and 12 limbs from bb. Hopefully with those she can get used to the genesis before using her only kit, lol…
I remember my first head… Haha…
Poor baby!