Do you name all the babies you sell?

I’m wondering if I, for instance, reborn a Noah kit, and sell it, do I list it as little Johnnie the Noah kit,LOL,or just the Noah kit? do you frequently name a baby you’re not keeping?

1 Like

I do! I go in alphabetical order but only on the birth certificate. For example…

Abbie, Bailey, Caroline, and Delilah

2 Likes

I asked this same thing not long ago. lol

Here is the info these lovely ladies shared with me at the time.

1 Like

Thanks! I used the magnifier, but I am not very good at finding “stuff”…ha

2 Likes

It’s amazing what you can run across while searching for other things. Sometimes I lose hours…

2 Likes

Hence the reason the new “users” link thing says I have read 4 thousand posts!!! hahaha

2 Likes

I always name my babies :blush: I get my whole family involved, once the baby is done I send pictures out and they all start sending me names and then I chose one and usually the person that gets picked gets so excited :grin: but when I place it for sale I put her name I chose and then place the original name and sculpted after, so people know what kit they are purchasing.

3 Likes

If I decide to sell them I will include the kit name. I personally like knowing the name of the kit. I also like the idea of naming the new baby… so I will probably name them then include kit name.

1 Like

I don’t, but I would if I kept one for my household.

1 Like

I use the kit name if it is same gender.Blaze was a boy so he stayed Blaze,Sam was a girl so she was named Samantha. I try to stay close to the kit name if I can.

1 Like

If you’re selling on Ebay you can list something like this

Reborn Baby Girl - Amelia Rose - was Kylie Doll Kit by Romie Strydom

That way you are able to be picked up in specific searches as well as just general reborns…meaning that if some one is looking of a Romie Strydom doll, you will come up in their search or if they enter Kylie Reborn (because they don’t know the sculptor) it will still pull your baby up in that search as well and of course you will come up in a random general Reborn baby search because you have all those things in your title…

Just a PS…if you have a fairly well known nursery you can put that in your title as well because there are people who will search for your nursery if they know you (OR if you want people to start recognizing you by your nursery name as well - always put it in your title)

I list something like this

Butterflies & Bows Reborn Baby Girl - Amelia Rose - was LE Kylie by. R. Strydom

(if what you want will not fit on the Title line, just drop “girl” out of the title etc till it fits with your main info…) I never use the subtitle line because the charge you for using the extra line (or at least they use to a few years ago.)

3 Likes

I name them…but always with the option for the new Mommy to change
the name if she wants to!!

1 Like