Do you have to be a professional artist to do this

No you don’t have to be an artist to make a reborn. It is the same as saying you don’t have to be an artist to pick up a paint brush and canvas.Technically anyone can do it. The art of reborning can go as far as you are willing to take it. You can also look at it as arts and crafts where you produce the same quality year in and year out. It depends on the person making the reborns. It does help to have some talent and a burning desire to improve with each doll that you make. Anyone can call themselves a professional artist what matters is embodying that creative spirit that all true artist possess.
Mary

1 Like

Thank you for your responses. Everyone has been so very helpful and I appreciate everyone’s encouragement. It certainly sounds like everyone truly enjoys doing the Reborns. I’m waiting on my small doll ( I call it my learning doll) to get started. I didn’t realize it was only a 10 inch doll and am a little worried it may be to small! It was suggested to get one that had their eyes closed to start with so I ordered Byron and they suggested Taite, so I hope I didn’t make a mistake by ordering the smaller doll!

1 Like

I have a question… I didn’t order the mohair for rooting yet and wasn’t sure what I needed to order. Do I order straight, wavy, or curly? I ordered Byron to get started and wasn’t sure about the hair. I also have Raine and Eden! If some could please tell me what hair to order for each of these dolls it would help me a lot!!!

I was reading on the mohair about bleeding… Is there something else you use or a different type of hair or what do I need as far as hair to root my doll??

there are several people on here that sell great quality mohair, am sure someone will pipe in and name them. as for it bleeding if you decide on dark color rinse it before you start to make sure it is totally set. if you get no color in your rinse it is set and you will not have to worry about bleeding. as for straight, wavey or curly it is all personal preference. get what you like.
Judy

ps welcome to a new addiction lol

Yes, you can order the complete starter kit for Taite if you don’t already have a basic set of paints and supplies. Bella is also a good kit to start with. Good luck and have fun!