Do you have a hard time letting go when it comes to selling the babies?

I am not quick at the reborning process! By the time the doll is finished I never want to sell them. Does anyone else have this problem? My husband cries from laughing so hard at me! He says"Now what are you going to sell this one for? I always answer " well, I don’t think this one is for sale…when people come over I need to have samples to show them! LoL!!

5 Likes

I have the same problem. My husband says that I shouldn’t have emotional attachment to a doll. He thinks I’m silly but very supportive of my hobby. When I do let them go I worry they won’t be treated right…lol.

9 Likes

I get attached to them, too! It is a little easier to keep the current one you made until the next one is finished, then sell the first one. I worry about them being loved and cared for, too, Melanie. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My husband and I are talking about this now and he said that we breathe life into those dolls and we spend so much time with them…We get attached! It’s like I am worried that maybe the Doll I just made is my best and it’s going out the door! I think it must be because I am still learning skills as well!
DebbieG

5 Likes

I understand. I feel like a mom whose baby just started the first day of school when I send mine out.

6 Likes

So much of ourselves actually goes into our work. You can not help but get attached!
DebbieG

3 Likes

I have the same problem with letting them go. I have been lucky so far, my neighbor has bought two from me. So when I want to visit I can walk across the yard. lol I am sure I am going to deal with tears and sadness when I actually sell my first to someone that is a stranger and lives somewhere else. I am glad to see that I am not the only one that has this problem.

We are in very good company here!
DebbieG

I also hate the packing. It is everything though. First impressions are so important when they open that box. I make it as pretty and as enjoyable that I can for them and it stresses me out!

1 Like

lol i have the same issue i tell peopple the ones in the closet are the ones for sale the ones in the bouncy seats swings etc are mine
i cant weight them till they are ready to go because once they are weighted and i cuddle them forget it its all over i fall in love and have a hard time letting them go

1 Like

Only some of them are ones that I have a problem selling…Most of them I do not mind sending off but it is important to me that the new mom loves them…lol I hate to think of sending one to a home where it will be destroyed. The first year, I wanted to keep more but after you’ve been reborning for years it does get easier AND if it is a sculpt I really love, I just buy 2 and do them at the same time, keep the one I like best and sell the other… :smile:

2 Likes

She is beautiful and I am sure that she is making someone very happy!!
DebbieG