Do you ever?

Reborn a sculpt more than once? Or am I the only crazy lady who does this??? Go ahead…tell me…it won’t hurt my feelings if I am. Heck, I’ll probably forget I even asked the question in a few minutes.

I’m trying to think, though. I love Ember, Shyann, Cozy, Sienna, Hannah…Hannah, for sure, I have made 5 times. Shyann, at least that many times, and Ember maybe more. Cozy, 4 times, and I think I am working on my 3rd Sienna with one more on the way. There are probably others, but of course I can’t think of them at the moment. I’m awesome that way.

1 Like

Ive done 2 libbys and 3 Nods!

I actually have another Cozy hidden in my hobby closet and plan to do her again. I don’t think there are any two alike actually since we can make different color hair, skin, eyes, or change gender so each one is unique. I can convince myself of nearly anything if I enjoy doing it enough! And, I must agree that cost is a factor, and if I see a kit that is reasonable, I will repurchase it just in case it never comes back at that price. That’s exactly what happened when i bought the 2nd Cozy.

While I can boast of this addiction for only 1/2 year, I have 2 sets of twins to make: Sugar & Honey, and Sam & Sera. Plus, I absolutely will do another Precious Gift. These are all for me!!! Karen, I’m awesome that way, too!

Sometimes what I do if it’s a sculpt I really love, I make two and sell one and keep the other.

2 Likes

YAY! So I’m NOT the only one. And YES…this is an addiction. BUT…there are worse things we could be addicted, to, right?

Okay, I have also done Tibby, Sugar, Avery, Aisha, Ladybug and Cookie 3x ea. Nod twins, twice…Tabatha as a girl, twice, and as a boy, twice. Teagan, Riley, Amber, Kate, Tanner and Josie, twice.

I’m sure I’ll think of others ~ this is kind of fun. Makes me feel productive.

1 Like

I’ve made two “Sleeping Diana” kits, and am preparing myself to start on another “Angel Face” Berenguer (in love with that sculpt!). If I gather some dolly dollars, I’m definitelly doing more than one Heather and one will be a keeper

— Begin quote from “Karen in NE”

YAY! So I’m NOT the only one. And YES…this is an addiction. BUT…there are worse things we could be addicted, to, right?

Okay, I have also done Tibby, Sugar, Avery, Aisha, Ladybug and Cookie 3x ea. Nod twins, twice…Tabatha as a girl, twice, and as a boy, twice. Teagan, Riley, Amber, Kate, Tanner and Josie, twice.

I’m sure I’ll think of others ~ this is kind of fun. Makes me feel productive.

— End quote

Okay Karen, now the truth really comes out.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.phphttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.phphttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php

Karen, You are so funny!!! You are addicted but this is so much healthier than almost anything else you could be addicted to (even chocolate!!)

If I love a sculpt I have no problem making it again and again especially if someone wants it to look a certain way. Some kits I will never make unless it is a special request because I don’t like them enough. Cost definately plays a part in what I order…I WILL NOT order an expensive kit unless it is a custom and it is presold. There is no guarantee our babies will sell quickly and I just can’t tie up that much money in vinyl.

I try and make different kits but there are ones that i love and have to do again, depends on the vinyl and companys as well for me, some i dont like so i try and avoid like BB grey colour, i prefer the older peach colour. But in Saying that i have only done a few doubles, Nod x2, Sugar x2, Honey x2( both as AA), Rosebud x3 and (my all time fav BB kit), I have doubles here that i havent done yet, like Precious Gift, another honey, Kyra, oh but i did do 6 Molly’s as twilight babies. and I can pretty much say i will never make her again. never was a fan to start off with. But like you all, im drawn to certain kits. I just did Ann Timmermans Camille and so in love with how she turned out i want to order another one.
Im trying my best not to order any kits yet… still got heaps here!!!LOL I want caleb soooo bad since Rosebud isnt in stock. But my mum has a spare rosebud for me anyway so i will steal it off her!! LOL

I have done lots of the Edenholm kits three or four times…I don’t get bored of them LOL. Also would do the RuBert small and large toddlers several times…I just love them!!!’

Hugs, Barb

Oh my gosh this an old, old thread from a couple of years ago and since then I’ve moved on to become addicted to soooo many other faces…Precious Gift, Lane and Leah, Crystal…and I still have Ember, Cozy, and Sienna in my stash. Have finally stopped doing Hannah and Shyann, even though I love Shyann’s face, I’m just not in the mood right now. She has more of a dolly look to her, as do a lot of the ones with open eyes. My opinion only, of course!

1 Like

Perfectly okay to bump old threads! I like going back and reading some of them again.

haha wow I have a few more that I like now. lol

Gena and Meg are my big sellers now. done them a lot!!!

1 Like