Do you ever get sad

When a baby goes out of your price range?

There’s a high end artist who I’m friends with on Facebook…I’ve been following the photos of a doll she’s been working on for the past few months and it’s a sought after kit. I’m pretty sure she’s going to soar way out of price range when she hits eBay and it makes me feel sad :stuck_out_tongue:

Does anyone else get sad when a doll they really want gets way too expensive for their budget? I know it’s just a doll but still! :blush:

6 Likes

try to find a kit of that doll…try to reborn it for yourself…you will love the same because you are going to bring it to life… also consider having the kit and ask somebody from the forum to reborn it for you… you will feel better.

I like a lot’s of baby’s and hopefully one day I can own somebody’s creature but now I can’t afford it and if I can reborn myself the kit why I should pay extra dollars …

2 Likes

Yep Becca…I do know exactly how you feel. Even if you are able to find the kit and reborn it yourself, sometimes it is nice to just be able to purchase the exact baby that you love. It’s not to say that you wouldn’t love a baby you create yourself, but sometimes you just see “that one” that really blows your mind. And even bringing the same kit to life yourself wouldn’t be same because it’s virtually impossible to duplicate another artists exact style. I had that happen to me about a 2 years ago with one of Bonnie Brown’s kits, and at the time I wasn’t able to buy one of my own. It made me very sad. She was a LE, but recently I started searching for her just for the heck of it, never really thinking I’d find one or be able to afford one if I did. But I’ve found a few of them and plan to grab one and bring her to life myself. Even after all this time she’s one of the few sculpts that I’ve actually fallen in love with and just have to have even if she’s old and outdated :frowning: @andik had a great idea too of maybe finding a blank kit and seeing if someone here on the forum can reborn her for you, would that be an option?

2 Likes

Yeah. I really wanted the prototype Owen that’s on eBay now. He’s way out of my price range. Yes, I get sad. But then, I remember that I can make an Owen myself, just as cute (if not cuter in my eyes) than the prototype.

1 Like

Resigned is more what I feel. Know enough about myself that I could never justify spending that much on myself when I could spend it on my kids…or my granddaughter. And I know I would never get it looking anywhere close to those high end babies. So I stick with being content to making babies for myself and friends. Not finding myself seriously tempted to buy one because the ones I want are super expensive! Plus I am finding I really am in love with the things I create over the ones I buy. Just need more time to paint, root, sew, crochet, do beads, quilt…

1 Like

I say… Message her. Ask what she is wanting. Maybe she will skip eBay and let you do a payment plan. It’s always worth the ask. What’s the worst?? No?? Well then… As the ladies said… You have options!! Go for it sister! Type those magic words!

2 Likes

@nikkiroc I thought about that, Nikki, but she doesn’t really seem like the type to do that :laughing: I might ask her just for the heck of it. I’ll let you know what she says if I do! :heart:

I would love to see her once you reborn her- I’m sure she’ll be beautiful. You’re right, sometimes we see that special one that we just fall in love with! I’ve adored this artist’s work for a long time, so I really just want a baby from her someday, even if I can’t have this particular one. If it doesn’t work out I’ll just keep saving up :wink:

1 Like