Do they

Do the pre painted and rooted monkeys hold up well from bountiful baby? My nephew is finally letting me make him something but he doesn’t want a baby. He’s 7 and kind of rough on things like most boys. so I wanted to know if they would hold up better than one that has to be reborn or would I be better off reborning him a monkey instead?

Idk about the prepainted ones but I’ve made babies (alternative for my son) and just sealed 3 times and it’s held up well

1 Like

I had one of the monkeys. It seemed to hold up amazingly, but I never played rough with it, haha.

1 Like

Yes, the fur is very pluggy and strong. You’ll want to trim the fur because it comes a hot mess.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I’ll be sure to trim the hair.

1 Like

Yes the factory painted will be great.

1 Like

I paint on top of factory paint to fix their messes, then varnish 2 times with Americana soft varnish as I don’t like smooth vinyl feeling, add eyelashes, gloss the eyes, cut and stile their hair.
You can see 2 of my Kiwis in my nursery.

2 Likes

Thank you. I will for sure go take a look.

2 Likes

You are welcome. Here is the links:

https://www.reborns.com/item/69057/10

1 Like

The pre-painted primates are pretty tough and should be good for kids. Not collector quality painting, but a little boy would love one, and you could tweak the details if you want!

1 Like

OMG Yelena, he is adorable!!! I love the eyes. What did you use to make his eyes so glossy? They look realistic. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you! I use Pledge on acrylic eyes.

Really? Like the pledge we use for furniture? You go girlllllll lol

1 Like

No, not for the furniture, floor glossing Pledge. Search this forum for it and you’ll see many references to it and picture of the bottle. Past week I learned that it can be used on nails and lips.

1 Like

Yelena, learning a lot from you. Never heard of that before but is good to know. Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

That’s great. I need something to hold up good with him.

They change the bottle often but this is what it looked like when I got it. It may be a yellow label now.

1 Like

You are welcome! All what I learn are from this forum!

1 Like