Discouraged!

Hi Girls, I just was wondering… how many of you have felt somewhat discouraged when you post a picture of your new little piece of art and many viewed it but no one comments on it!! Does that mean it looks bad? Does that mean they don’t like it and don’t know what to say? Does it mean they just didn’t feel like leaving a message? The person who is hopeing for some kind words is thinking all these things then they see that, like in my case, 60 people have viewed your post but only 1 replied. You have taken so much time and effort to mke your little creation and then time and effort to take pictures and post them to share and yet no one even takes the time to leave alittle encouragement. Or, for that matter, leave some helpful hints. In a kind way so as not to offend someone. I actually
had someone send me a private message of helpful hints because they didn’t want to be criticized for it. We should be happy when someone critiques our work so that we can learn more, (Of course as long as its done kindly). I really think that if we all enjoy eachothers works of art and Share encoragement and helpful hints, we can all learn from eachother. If we view a new picture someone took the time to share…Why not leave just a thought or two. How long could it take, a minute? I know we may be tired but we are obvioulsly not to tired to be on here so just let the person know you enjoyed their post. Your thoughtfullness could make someone smile. Or help them to learn a new technique. What a wonderful Thing. It would be so much better than someone feeling like I have today.

I am so sorry you feel that way!! sometimes I am simply too lazy to comment my keys stick and I constantly have to backspace, however sometimes it is because I do not like the doll. I am a novice so sometimes I feel I don’t know how to fix the issues so I don’t want to comment it is not right but yet not be able to offer a tip to fix it. I know no one likes to hear you felt bad (hugs). I will certainly try to take it into consideration more from now on though good or bad!!
Hope you feel better soon!!

Hum I am not sure what you posted but it does discourage someone who hopes for replies and not sure who people do not post. I try to post what I read and see. As far as giving hints gosh not me I have not been doing this even a year yet I still have so much to learn. No way would I assume I had the right answer to painting questions. I can tell someone how I do it but I rarely do. I am sorry you are discouraged but keep reborning and do not let anyone take this joy away from you.

If I have missed commenting on your baby please forgive me. I can’t remember everybody yet. I always think everybody else’s work is better than mine anyhow. When you do a kit that is not a BB kit, I notice that you get fewer comments. I don’t take it hard or care. I am getting too old to care and besides that, it is the Lord that pays me attention that I value the most.

— Begin quote from “kymg45”

Hi Girls, I just was wondering… how many of you have felt somewhat discouraged when you post a picture of your new little piece of art and many viewed it but no one comments on it!! Does that mean it looks bad? Does that mean they don’t like it and don’t know what to say? Does it mean they just didn’t feel like leaving a message? The person who is hopeing for some kind words is thinking all these things then they see that, like in my case, 60 people have viewed your post but only 1 replied. You have taken so much time and effort to mke your little creation and then time and effort to take pictures and post them to share and yet no one even takes the time to leave alittle encouragement. Or, for that matter, leave some helpful hints. In a kind way so as not to offend someone. I actually
had someone send me a private message of helpful hints because they didn’t want to be criticized for it. We should be happy when someone critiques our work so that we can learn more, (Of course as long as its done kindly). I really think that if we all enjoy eachothers works of art and Share encoragement and helpful hints, we can all learn from eachother. If we view a new picture someone took the time to share…Why not leave just a thought or two. How long could it take, a minute? I know we may be tired but we are obvioulsly not to tired to be on here so just let the person know you enjoyed their post. Your thoughtfullness could make someone smile. Or help them to learn a new technique. What a wonderful Thing. It would be so much better than someone feeling like I have today.

— End quote

Don’t be discouraged… there is a whole thread you can read where someone asked your same question just a couple of weeks ago… Here is the link to the thread for you… viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49431&hilit=HONEST+OPINION#p377146

I am very new here on BB so I don’t know how things go really yet. But I had posted pictures of my 4th baby Paisley a couple of days ago and only 1 person responded. That was just very discouraging to me especially because I am new and didn’t quite know what to make of it. Anyway…I appreciate all your encouragement today. You all seem so very nice. Hugs, Kym

Kym never be discouraged! Most of us have had posts not answered - and it doesn’t really mean anything. If you look under the topic on the left top corner of the page, you will see a topic “View Unanswered posts” – lots there - so it’s not personal, sometimes they just get overlooked.

thank you so much… I am starting to see that…Your very kind!

My thoughts exactly. I was and have been equally frustrated here. Almost to the point of giving up on bb forum all together. But I reminded myself not one single person owes me anything here. If my online friendship is valued it will be apprent if not ah well life as it is. I also reminded myself that I reborn babies for me, not for approval of others. And 99% of my growth is all my own determination to improve my skills. I’d love to have true friends that shared this love of reborning but I’ve given up on that happening on a forum. Sorry I didn’t see your posts but I would happy to give you my two cents if you ever want it. Just pm me anytime Kym.

Girl, you just need a hug and some Kleenex! Let it all out! And maybe some ice cream later! I know sometimes people don’t critique because they feel like they don’t have as much experience to be a critic. I know I haven’t had many replies on some of my posts and more views, but I just take it in stride! This forum is all about sharing and supporting! Hang in there! ((hugs)) And try the red velvet cake ice cream from Blue Bell! I hear it’s fabulous.

lol.
Last comment above! Lol

I say chocolate mint.

So sorry! some time I post ,Some time I do not . I have post picture many time and had no one commet .I do not take it to heart.
I have been posting for about 5 years now. omg where did the time go. So do not take it to heart ,it is ok . It does not mean we do not like your work. so keep post because we Love to look.

You Girls are awesome !!! Thank you so very much!!! I’m going for a big fat bowl of ice cream now…Mint Chip!!! It always does the trick!!! Hugs

Mint chips,whip cream, a cherry and then with M&M’s !!!:stuck_out_tongue:

Lol Kym! Good for you!!

Littlebabies480 I love your baby and I love that wicker basket! Where did you get the wicker basket and blue comfy set that’s in it?

Yes…this has definitely happened to me before, too. I try not to take it to heart but it is difficult. We may have to ask for honest critique if that is what we’re wanting. I’m just not sure. I try to keep in mind that if it looks good to me, then it is how I wanted it to be, regardless of other people’s thoughts. Sometimes, if others are like me, I sometimes read and learn from other’s comments and pictures but don’t have or take the time to respond. Time seems so limited. Keep doing what you’re doing…you’ll learn your own style and you’ll love your art and your babies!

CMichelle Thank-You so much. I got the basket from my favorite store, Goodwill! The blue badding came with and was a awsome price of $12.95. I’ve seen them at used children clothing stores but they go for almost $60.

Oh wow! That was an awesome deal! Time for me to visit my local Goodwill store! Thanks!

Hi Kym, and guilty as charged! I virtually RUN through the new posts and only drop a comment here and there. I have been a member here for quite a while and mostly lurk and creep, soaking up as much info and how-to’s as I can. So yes, that means that more often than not, I am a baaaad member, taking and not giving. I apologize to all.

I am so awestruck by everyone’s talent and skill, on all levels. So here is a a shout out to all of you wonderful artists and to your generous spirits of sharing. I know of what I speak; I belong to quite a few forums and this is by far the most supportive and giving one I have experienced. In fact, I just joined a new forum less than a week ago, and today I am tearing up my invisible membership!