Did anyone else bought those prepainted/ prerooted chimpanzees and orangutans while they were 50%?

Did anyone else bought those prepainted/ prerooted chimpanzees and orangutans while they were 50%?
I see one sold each 5 days and thinking what a great deals I missed - just put together, put onesie on it and done!

3 Likes

I think one is still on there. I kinda want one lol.

2 Likes

I see two kits still there with 50% off, but all that untamed mohair makes me scared.

2 Likes

I bought one a while ago you just trim the hair or leave it. I also painted over it as per my customers wishes.

6 Likes

I bought one a year ago. The hair takes a little work to straiten out, then it need to be trimmed. I put him on reborns for $120. He was not very popular and took months to sell. I decided I was done with that. Last Christmas I had someone ask me to make another. I declined.

2 Likes

I bought one for my daughter a sale or two ago. The hair needed a trim, but really easy to put together and it’s done.

2 Likes

@AnnieSokay So cute! Love your ideas for banana bottle and paci - so creative!

1 Like

@Claire Thank you for your reply. I think t might be a good Christmas item - hmm, something to think about…

1 Like

I got them for my kids for Christmas a while back. They were fun, but I didn’t really feel like I made them since it was just assembly and a haircut (the mohair came really long) I had considered buying them and stripping/painting/re-rooting, but the vinyl is really hard. You wouldn’t be able to root it.

The painting is ok, not fantastic but not terrible for factory-made. The mohair is pretty rough and pluggy. Feels totally different than the nice stuff we use for rooting…but I’m a mohair snob :rofl:

All in all they are cute, and my kids love them. I’m excited to be getting Henry by Jade Warner, who is a blank canvas! Here are some pics so you can see details. Don’t mind the dog hair-- kids drag them all over the place haha

5 Likes

@Rainbowbabies Thank you so much for great photo references. I am wondering if I can add paint to them, but since I am using Genesis I would have to bake them with all that mohair.
I might try one since I am at the point when I try everything - regular babies, alternatives, elves, farries, minis, big baby. Just didn’t try monkeys yet :rofl:
Seems like kids really like them!

2 Likes

I have made so many chimps. Never the prepainted ones tho.

I just hate all the rooting

3 Likes

Get the unpainted kits if you want to make one, that way you can do it however you want. I made 2 of the orangutans for my grandbabies. It was fun to do something diffetent.

2 Likes

I made several of these when I was just starting out. Pearl stole my heart and sucked me into this reborn rabbit hole even though I started with the intention of only doing apes! They can be really sweet with a good trim and a little love!

2 Likes

The bottle idea was from @GrammysReborns It was very easy and I added a magnet to the other part of the banana just because.

2 Likes

@YelenaRey check out this post!

http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/show-us-your-favorite-primates/34942

2 Likes

@AnnieSokay That is a fun thread! Thank you, Annette!

1 Like

This looks like the way I root! :rofl::rofl::rofl: