Dianna Effner

I saw just now where Dianna Effner passed away Oct. 14. This has not been a good year. :disappointed:

3 Likes

I saw that too. Does anyone know what happened? Tamie Yari, Deborah McCandless and now Dianna :broken_heart:

1 Like

What happened to her?

2 Likes

I don’t know, I just know she passed.

1 Like

Oh no.
I have dozens of her porcelain doll molds in my work room waiting for when I can hook up my kiln and make them. That’s so sad.

1 Like

I hadn’t heard about Tamie Yari. Wow.

2 Likes

I wonder what happened. Wasn’t she young?

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to find an obituary for Tamie Jo Yarie. However, you can read up on her arrest record when you do a Google search.

1 Like

She had gone through quite a life spiral, so I hope her death wasn’t tragic, too. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

She was 50. Quite young. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I’m curious what happened to her that makes you say that. Can you share? I have always loved her. So I’m curious.

I can send you the information that’s public on the web, if you would like.

1 Like

Sure

https://www.reborndolls.com.au/Thread-so-very-sad-about-tami

A report states she gave drugs to minors, one of which was bath salts. So very sad to see someone go down a dark hole in that way. She had just turned 51 in September, according to FB page. In her mug shot she resembles a meth victim. She sure made some beautiful sculpts. She was becoming less active in sculpting around the time I came into the reborn world, so I missed a lot of her kits.

2 Likes

Wow.

I was referring to Dianna Effner.

But I have done several of Tami Yarie sculpts in the past. What a shame! If she was only 51 I am sad to say it may have been a drug related death.

What an absolute shame. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Seems very possible. She hadn’t been posting on FB much at all for the past 7 years, since around the time she got into trouble. I don’t know if she ever got herself fixed up or how long she had to spend in jail. Sounds like her life ended on an unhealthy note, which is very sad.

Such a waste of talent. Drugs can ruin someone so fast. They almost killed my younger brother. But for the grace of God he has recovered and been clean for several years. Although he continues weekly meetings as support.

2 Likes

I always loved the way Huggy Bear looked. There used to be an option of painting the eyes. I never saw many of those reborned.

2 Likes

Huggy bear is adorable. I have his porcelain mold…I think. Lol. There are dozens in my work room so I lose track. Sadly I’m stuck waiting until I can get an electrician to put in another 220 outlet for the kiln.
Ill be making a ton of Diannas sculpts when my kiln in up and running.

Although I’ve been told there is no market for porcelain. I’m still going to make them. Lol

2 Likes

If you make them, they will come?

When I first started explaining reborns to my adult son, he expected them to be porcelain.
Maybe because I mentioned they weren’t toys and are fragile.
It would be awesome to have porcelain baby dolls as an option.

2 Likes