Detailed care sheet

After reading and pondering @anon72659292’s information about Reborn Abuse, I have put together more detailed care instructions to send home with babies. I know they are long, so I broke them into categories and bold-faced the headers for easier reading. I would be happy if others might find this useful for their customers, as well, and maybe can prevent some of the “abused”, shiny, unpainted reborns that have been loved to death by their owners!

Please feel free to use them.

REBORN BABY CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Please read and follow these guidelines to insure that you will have your reborn baby to hold and enjoy for a long, long time! Your baby is made from the Kaelin sculpt by Denise Pratt.

YOUR BABY IS NOT A TOY!
Your reborn baby is NOT a child’s play doll. Instead, it is a one-of-a-kind, heirloom quality collector’s art item. Small children should not be allowed to handle or play with her without careful supervision. She needs to be handled as gently as you would handle a real newborn to prevent damage. Support the head and shoulders when you pick her up. Move her arms and legs gently at the joints when you change her clothes, and do not bend her arms or legs more than slightly; this can cause the paint surface to break and come off. Move her head smoothly from side to side.

CARE OF YOUR BABY’S HAIR
Your baby’s hair and eyelashes are rooted mohair that has been glued from the inside to prevent it from falling out. Gentle brushing of the hair may result in a few strands of hair in the brush. This is normal. Hair may be gently dry or damp brushed daily to prevent dust and tangles. Avoid pulling on the hair; this will can cause it to come out in clump. You may dampen the hair slightly with water or leave-in oil free conditioner, such as No More Tangles, to restyle it. Never put the head under a faucet or get it dripping wet. Water can enter the baby’s fabric body and areas where her body was joined together resulting in mold forming inside which will ruin the baby.

PROTECT YOUR BABY’S SKIN COLOR
The baby’s skin has been painted layer by layer, so is delicate. Contact with your natural skin oils, creams, skin or hair oils, or any kind of lotion will remove her paint and make her shiny. Do not cuddle her to your face or kiss her on the face; you may kiss her head. When she is dusty, wipe your baby’s face and limbs gently with a damp washcloth or damp Q-tip in the creases. Do not wash her daily even with water. Avoid scratches or sharp objects. Do not wipe your baby with baby wipes or cleaning wipes which contain alcohol or solvents which can weaken or remove paint. Baby powder will remove paint by abrasion; apply a tiny amount to the cloth bottom, if you wish, but avoid the painted limbs. Avoid exposing your baby to long periods of indoor or outdoor sunlight to avoid fading and to keep her colors bright. Lips and fingernails are painted; treat them gently, also, to avoid damaging the paint. A good way to keep your baby dust-free and protect her from skin and body oils is to keep her dressed in a long outfit such as a sleeper, and keep her wrapped in a receiving blanket. Do not let others cuddle her against their skin when they hold her.

DRESS YOUR BABY GENTLY!
Your reborn baby can wear preemie sized clothes and diapers. Dress and undress her carefully, keeping sharp items away from her face and skin to prevent scratches. Tight necked clothing pulled over the head will rub off paint and can remove eyelashes. New clothes must be washed before putting them on the baby. Dark colored clothes, such as reds, navy and denims, or other dark shades, may need to be washed several times to remove excess dye. Dyes from clothes, as well as ink from markers, pens or paint, can permanently stain the vinyl arms and legs and mark the fabric body. You may want to find tights for the baby to wear under dark clothes as extra insurance against stains.

AVOID EXCESS HEAT OR COLD
Avoid extreme cold or heat which can cause the vinyl to warp or crack. Never leave your baby in a hot car or in the sun.

POSING YOUR BABY
Your baby can be gently posed into a variety of positions. Never force a limb into a position that it cannot easily assume. Support your baby while she is posed with props or pillows so her weight is not pulling on her body parts. As you gently dress and undress your baby, check body seams for areas that are coming unsewn. These can be stitched back together with a needle and thread to prevent further damage.

WHEN TREATED WELL, YOUR REBORN WILL
REMAIN CUDDLY AND BEAUTIFUL FOR MANY YEARS!

34 Likes

Thank you! This is awesome!

1 Like

thank you …better then what I have

1 Like

Wow! Thanks, Carol! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I forgot to credit @adutt from whom I got the base of this information in the first place. Thank you.

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing! That’s wonderful!

I added an extra page for my human hair babies on hair care instructions. I also added on that page about not leaving babies uncovered in carseats and such. To avoid a mistaken identitiy and a broken window by a passerby not wanting your reborn to suffer heat stroke :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good idea!

1 Like

Thank-you. That is very informative. :slight_smile:

thank you

This is well done and VERY detailed! The more the “new mom” knows, the greater the possibility of a successful “adoption”. Thank you!

1 Like

Oh, and I LOVE the additional comment about using caution when leaving baby in car, etc👍🏻. I think I’ll add that to the beginning😄

2 Likes

I have had a detailed care pamphlet for years that I send out with every baby. One can never be too careful with these buyers!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. I’ll definitely be using your instructions.

You are most welcome.

You are most welcome. I am glad you can use this. I have found some editing errors - you might want to read it over to make sure all the English is correct!

1 Like