DELETE PLEASE!!!!!

17 hours left to my 2 autions. a bid on each and a bunch of watchers… AHHHH!!! Neither of the bids is even close to the reserve so i am really worried. wish them luck in these final hours!!! I don’t want to have to do the auction again http://www.ebay.com/itm/110894763113?ss … 156wt_1203http://www.ebay.com/itm/110894693529?ss … 431wt_1139

Good luck!!!

thanks!!! My stomach will be in knots till it ends!!!

Good Luck!!!

I was wondering why people do reserve prices. When I am shopping and I click onto a reborn that has a reserve price, I close it immediately and don’t even bother to bid even if I like the doll. To me I think, why not just start the auction at the price you have for the reserve and be open about it? Gimmicks usually don’t work on people at all.

— Begin quote from “Katy86”

— Begin quote from “Desma”

I was wondering why people do reserve prices. When I am shopping and I click onto a reborn that has a reserve price, I close it immediately and don’t even bother to bid even if I like the doll. To me I think, why not just start the auction at the price you have for the reserve and be open about it? Gimmicks usually don’t work on people at all.

— End quote

I agree, I do the same. You lose alt of bidders when you have the reserve. People don’t want to waste their time on something that may not even hit the reserve.

— End quote

I know… and i agree I just didn’t know what to do! I was afraid they wouldn’t go for the price i need them to go for so i did the lower price to try to intice buyers. if they don’t sell this time, there will be no reserve next time. I never really understood the reserve thing, but so many doll sellers do it. Hoping it doesn’t hurt me the reserve is $250 BTW.

7 bids on Anna, she is up to $129. watchers went up too… but i have a feeling that is a bunch of forum ladies

I think it would be better to list the doll starting at the lowest price you would let go of it instead of a reserve. I’ve never understood the reasoning behind a reserve either. And yes, some of the watchers are us!

I have a baby on its 3rd listing and this time I just went for broke and started her at only $100 with no reserve. I have one bid and I am hoping desperately that she gets more since I am losing money so far. Ebay is always tough for me in the summer months.

— Begin quote from “prettybabydolls”

— Begin quote from “becky61779”

17 hours left to my 2 autions. a bid on each and a bunch of watchers… AHHHH!!! Neither of the bids is even close to the reserve so i am really worried. wish them luck in these final hours!!! I don’t want to have to do the auction again http://www.ebay.com/itm/110894763113?ss … 156wt_1203http://www.ebay.com/itm/110894693529?ss … 431wt_1139

— End quote

Just remember - even if the final bid is below your reserve - you can still do the “second chance” offer to the highest bidder. They are doing great so far. The auction layout is lovely - but you definitely should put in nice big pictures on your next auction. I know these enlarge when you click them - but buyers will be pulled in even more if you have really large pictures that show all the darling details. I think these two are going to do well for you. I use to always just add pictures into an ebay template - like where they were not inserted into the actual auction. Once I got a good camera and started using big pictures - it made a huge difference. I use Auctiva - which is very cheap - like I think a couple bucks a month- and what is cool about Auctiva - is you just import your pictures - and then can choose which ones to use in the auction - but you can also “insert” them into the listing - they are huge - and you can use your mouse to scale them down a bit. Also, since you are using photobucket - you could also just copy and paste the html code into auctiva auction template for nice big pictures. I’ll be rooting for them!!!

— End quote

Yes, the ladies on this forum just helpedme figure out how to make the pics bigger. I was stumped!! LOL! They will for sure be bigger next time! Thanks for the info! I didn’t know about the second chance offer!!! If they get close, i will do that!!! Anything over $200 would make me happy at this point! I’ve got to get these first ones sold. Thanks for the encouragement!!!

yes, i have only rooted 3 dolls. she was the third. She was my 4th doll in all. I am working on #5 right now. And no,i am not a new seller on Ebay. I have sold many things I have a feeling that the bids will go up in the last few hours. There are quite a few watchers and i know that at least 9 kof them are not forum ladies. I had the listing up before i even mentioned it here. I don’t think i will reach the reserve but i will still make a profit. My new one is even better than the last ones so… i am hoping it will sell easier Thanks for the advice!