Defective Jaylan 😕

Well, my Jaylan has a flaw…to me, it’s obvious. To the kit company it’s “minor” and fixable. For the first time ever, I am unhappy with this company and their decision. :roll_eyes:
Anyway, I guess I could sand it. But I shouldn’t have to. It looks like an xacto knife scrape.
Am I wrong?! It’s in the most visible spot on the whole kit. For $110, why should I have to figure out how to fix it? :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Oh I agree with you 100%. They absolutely should make this right!

4 Likes

Oh nooooo…that’s a major flaw and they need to replace the head. I wouldn’t even attempt to fix that myself.

2 Likes

They sell vinyl putty on MacPherson’s apparently it becomes part of the vinyl once baked
Maybe that could fix it instead of sanding it

2 Likes

I would try that if they would send it for free. But I shouldn’t be out the cost, nor should I have to figure out how to fix it. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

It looks like a tiny flap to me… can you pull it off with tweezers? Then seal with varnish?

2 Likes

That’s not good. They need to make this right for you and you shouldn’t have to fix a kit this expensive. Do inspectors need better glasses? Not that this isn’t visible without them

1 Like

Nope nope nope - that could be minor somewhere else on the body, but even still!! You didn’t pay $100+ for a minorly defective kit, you paid $100+ for a non-flawed kit. It’s right on his nose!! The company needs to replace his head. I understand why the companies don’t want to incur the costs of the defective kits, but it is most certainly NOT our problem as customers. Perhaps contact the sculptor directly? I know some sculptors prefer to make these things right with artists.

7 Likes

Amen!!

2 Likes

It will leave a hole if I pull it off. There’s an indebted line already too. I guess I should check to see how deep the line is. That might make them change their mind.

3 Likes

You said it best! I’ll see if I can figure out how to contact the sculptor.

4 Likes

I see a spot that looks like a bubble on the lip and a few tiny black dots on the face as well as the flaw on the nose. I’d very carefully check the limbs, fingers and toes (especially in between )and request a replacement.

2 Likes

No way would I be fixing it. You paid alot of money for a kit, not a seconds kit either. I would return it and insist on a replacement or a full refund, including the return postage costs.

2 Likes

They should handle their problem.

2 Likes

That is so not right. I’m so sick of that. You’d think for that much money there would be quality control but it seems like for the expensive kits there is zero quality control.
My Azalea has a black spot on the arm. My Vivienne Fabre had a huge gouge in the arms and like 4 black spots. The gouges was probably because the body with metal connectors was thrown in the bag with it.
I’m so tired of spending that much money and have defects. They sent me a new arm for Vivienne after I sent a photo, they had to send me a return label, I had to package it up and take it to ups. Then I had to wait for them to receive it and inspect it to get another. And that’s for a 119 dollar kit.
Meanwhile I tell B.B. I have black dots and they ship it out same day no problem and that’s on a 30 dollar kit!
Basically for the money we spend on these big item kits they ought to do a better job inspecting them and NO!! We should not have to be fixing kits! Unless this kit was sold as a discount kit! Otherwise I feel like you were deceived or sent a defective kit. And it’s not us be “knit-picky” we spend a lot of money and also we need things to be perfect as we are selling them to customers.

9 Likes

Bountiful Baby wouldn’t even consider this a seconds head. I’ve received test heads that are better than this.

6 Likes

I’ve really started to appreciate the BB kits more and more. Others kits are orange and takes so much to get it where you can start painting. They are hard. The body’s are so much different. The price is unreal compared to BBS.

5 Likes

So true. I have never purchased from anyone except BB. I do like their kits. I have never had one that had a serious flaw, not even the 2nds. AND, being on a more limited income that some I can’t afford the others. If I were to be selling them, then I might as I could get my money back. But, I appreciate BB so much for being reasonable with their prices. Without the 2nds, sales and such I could not even begin to afford to do this. So, @bbsupport, THANK YOU for all you do for the reborning community!

2 Likes

I didn’t even notice the lip. But he does have a small cut on his lip too. :grimacing:

Btw the kit is not orange. I just got him close to the light to take a pic.

I would be so disappointed. Even if you could work around this, it is not a small thing that gets blended with painting- it takes extra steps which is time and time is money. The dealer needs to take care of this. I too appreciate BB and how careful they are.

2 Likes