Customer Doesn't Reply?

Someone purchase my baby through Reborns.com on Friday. I sent them a message saying I would ship the baby by Monday, no response. I started packing up the baby and went online to fill out the customs slip and found out I need a phone number. I have sent 3 messages asking for a phone number and still no response. I can’t ship the baby without completing the customs form and I need a phone number to complete it. What am I supposed to do when the customer doesn’t reply back to me? I’m thinking I’ll have to keep waiting and if she never replies refund her.? Unless there is another way to contact someone, does Reborns.com have more information on customers?

Trying emailing her directly to the email on her account from your own email rather than through reborns.com. Then just wait a while. I would just hold the baby until she responds - she’ll respond eventually, when she realizes she paid for a baby she doesn’t have yet, lol.

3 Likes

I’ve had some customers that do this! It’s so odd. They pay for the baby, I message them, they never answer. Still, I ship baby out and they receive it and never say a thing! It is really strange. I haven’t run into a situation where I need something from them to ship and they won’t reply. I hope she gets back with you soon!

3 Likes

I’d wait a few days, email again and then wait another few days. I’d say after about a week of no contact just refund and put it back up for sale.

1 Like

For some people it’s just a purchase made online - no different than shopping on Walmart.com. I have had to add a generic phone number before by looking up the area code for the city and finishing it off 555-5555 just to get the shipping label printed.

2 Likes

I use my own phone number because at least someone will be called if there is a problem.

4 Likes

Using my own number has never worked for me (through PayPal) and I try everytime. It always tells me that number is invalid for the location.

1 Like

Im in France so it may be different…I dont have to fill out anything on paypal…only on the paperwork for shipping. What is it you have to fill out on paypal?

I won’t send a reborn out until I hear back from the buyer.
For one thing, I want to confirm with them that it is being sent to the Paypal address.

I had this happen to me - someone bought a reborn and I didn’t hear back from them after about 3 emails from me - so I didn’t do anything. I wasn’t going to mail it without hearing from them. Finally after about 10 days, they responded.

I just assumed they were sick, on vacation, or “something” had happened. I figured they would respond sooner or later - LOL!

1 Like

I have done this three times and it has turned out ok. Two of the times I never heard back even after i sent the doll. The third time I heard back 5 months later and she told me how much she loved the baby and followed me on Instagram. Lol. I figure some people aren’t blessed with internet service, computers, and smartphones like we are.

4 Likes

Ive had quite a few people who are a bit older than me or around my age who are not really the best with computers. I have called people on the phone before but there is not that possibility if there is no phone number…its frustrating but Id also go ahead and ship. If they paid, you need to ship regardless of their lack of communication unless you want to just refund their money.

1 Like

I just did an international shipment a few weeks ago. I create my shipping labels from USPS.com and it did not require a phone number for my customer(only my number). I filled out the information for both the shipping and custom information at the same time and it printed out with all the information on 1 label. The label was small and I don’t ship internationally that often so I was a little nervous, but the package was confirmed delivered. Wishing you the best in what ever you decide to do.

2 Likes

I’ve had customers who after purchasing the baby dont respond to emails. I always send them an email right after they make the purchase letting them know i recieved the payment and that id be shipping the baby out to the address provided by paypal. Then I ship the baby, sometimes they respond sometimes they dont.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I’m going to wait and see what happens, hopefully she responds and it all works out. It might be different in the US. I’m shipping from Canada and the customs form cannot be completed without a phone number and it cannot be shipped without a completed customs form. Unless I get the phone number I won’t be able to ship the package, the post office will not accept it. Trying my own number is a good idea and I might try and see if that works if I don’t hear back from her by the end of the week. If not I’ll probably refund her.

Im from Canada and if you take the package to the post office, fill out the form and send it from there (open a small business account with Canada Post for a discount) you can definitely mail out without a phone number - I do it all the time. I ask my post office for the international mailing form and package contents sticky envelope (clear plastic thing that sticks to the outside of the box) so that I have a stack here. I fill them out before I go to the post office so I don’t hold up the line. Only PayPal requires a phone number…manually filling out the forms at the post office doesn’t.
I have sold about a 80 dolls with 95% of them going to the USA. I haven’t had any issues so far (knock on wood) even with buyers who don’t communicate. If they have paid and the money is in your account I’m sure you will be fine mailing it out. I have had men purchase for their girlfriends, wives or kids and they have a tendency not to reply. They just buy the doll and that’s it for them. So far it has always turned out fine - unnerving; yes…especially when we feel we need communication.

1 Like

Some Canada post locations make you fill out the form online now, they don’t have them in the store anymore. Mine is like that and it sucks because the online customs form they have required the customers phone number and won’t accept it without one.

Yes I was filling it out online at Canada Post and you can’t proceed if you don’t enter a phone number. @Sony72 what did you have to do to open the small business account? And does it matter that I’m not actually a business? A discount on shipping sounds good to me. I’m not worried that she doesn’t want the doll since she paid for it. I’m just worried that she will be unhappy that I didn’t ship it even though I can’t.

The first time that happened to me, I thought it was weird also. Eventually she replied back. I think it was 4 days later.

1 Like

Yay she responded with a phone number. She didn’t explain, just said she was sorry for the delay. I’m relieved.

4 Likes

Just go on Canadapost.ca sign up for the small business account. You might not consider your reborning a business but selling any reborns, for profit, is considered a business…creating and gifting or keeping them is a hobby (I was schooled at the US border, on this, when I went down to pick up new kits). My post lady told me about the small business card because I was bringing in packages to mail off to the USA several times a month. When I got divorced and got my own PayPal account I could no longer make shipping labels so I had to resort to doing it manually through the post office. - that’s the long story short hahahahahaha

1 Like