Cuddle babies - Cuddly Babies

So if cuddle babies are popular, why can’t we get sculptors to make 1/4 limbs? The baby would still be extremely cuddly but still have hands and feet. I love the full cloth bodies - they are so comfortable in your arms and less to paint :slight_smile:
How do we get the word out? They all listened a few years back when we were asking for toddlers…

4 Likes

Idk about sculptors, but I am having trouble making a cuddle baby. It does not feel right and I know I have stuffed it wrong. I filled the limbs to the elbow and knee with pellets, then poly fill. I tried to sew it closed at the top, but I am hopeless. I ended up with loose limbs that look deflated :rofl:

I don’t know, not so long ago people where complaining that there wasn’t enough full limbs babies…

I love full limbs babies

I like both. Full limbs have more clothing options but the cuddle babies are soooo snuggly and very easy to pose realistically. Secrist dolls has some 1/4 limbs.

1 Like

wow -I didn’t know Secrist was still in business.

I have always loved the 1/4 limbs. I like the full limbs for posing the baby but I would like the have the option. Detailed Bigger 1/4 limbs are nearly impossible to find.

1 Like

https://www.macphersoncrafts.com/online-store/doll-parts/limb-sets/posables-1-4-limbs-with-body-mix-match-series-1.htm

2 Likes

Limbs are so small versus the arms that’s ridiculous. The hands would better fit a 15".

Supposed to be a 18".

There is not much options on 1/4 limbs, I agree that some more would be great

many Berenger dolls have 3/4 limbs and you could find some chunky 3/4 limbs that way!

Secrist and Adrie Stoete both sell 1/4 limbs.
I’m thinking of making a combo one day, completely cloth legs and 1/4 arms, so it can wear a sleeper and still be very cuddly.

1 Like