Creases....My Kryptonite. Please Help!

I have tried the Genesis thinning medium for creases and I don’t like it!! It doesn’t work for me either. I use OT which works much better, for me anyway.

1 Like

I also use thinner with mine.Mona Lisa brand.

Creases are actually one of my favorite parts. It’s kind of like fill in the blanks :stuck_out_tongue: I also like painting the lips. The veining…well, let’s just say the struggle is real!

I keep my paints very diluted when it comes to creases and I always take a cosmetic sponge afterwards to blot out the excess. They can be tricky, especially those very small ones!

I’m sure you’ll get better at it!! :heart:

2 Likes

Becca, I don’t think I have ever seen one of your babies??? Did I miss them??? Please post a picture so I can see your babies!!! I feel bad when I miss someones babies and don’t get to comment on them.

3 Likes

Oh, no, you haven’t missed them, Lynn!! I only just started reborning this fall. I’ve had to strip the kits I was working on several times (was having trouble with the skin tones and veins) so I’m only now just starting to paint again. I’ll post pictures once I’ve got a good enough work in progress to share! :smile:

3 Likes

OMG you love all the areas that give me grief lol. I started doing my veining with a prismas pencil. It doesn’t really look all that good because of the sharp ends, but it looks a heck of alot better than what I was doing with the paint. With the pencil I’m doing them before any other paint so at least I can hide the ends a bit better. I also bought this weird pencil sharpener at hobby lobby that makes a big fat blunt end instead of a sharp point so at least I can vary the width. Using the pencil I can also erase them without damaging the paint underneath I don’t like them so that’s a big help for me at this point. Becca I didn’t realize you were new to reborning. I feel your pain with having to strip kits.

3 Likes

Oh, thanks for clearing that up, I thought I had missed your babies somehow!! Can’t wait to see them when you get them all done. None of us are perfect in the beginning-------try to remember that!!

2 Likes

If your using the pencils for creases, try taking a flat shaded brush, dipped in thinners and then blotted off so it’s just damp, then use that to kinda blend/blot at the ends where it just suddenly stops, I’ve used pencils for capillaries and such and that’s what I did with the ends so 4th hey were just a sharp stop at the end of them

I haven’t tried creases with the pencil, just the veins. I will definitely try the thinner on them though and see if that fixes the sharp ends. Thank you

Not a problem! :slight_smile: I will definitely try to keep that in mind!! Thank you!!!

Stripping kits is definitely not fun!! :disappointed: I’ve thought of trying PRISMA pencils for veins…I actually just got a 36 set so I might have to try it on a limb I’m planning to strip. I would love to see some pictures of your vein work, Tiffany! I promise it can’t be as bad as mine :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I have one good vein here and there and the rest are a disgrace, lol!

Oops, sorry, for some reason when I read your comment, I thought it said you just started doing creases with the pencils, but yeah I do the little tiny veins with pencils and use the flat brush with thinner on it to soften the ends where they stop.

I’ll take some pictures when I get home so I can. Show you the veining.

1 Like

Do you have any pictures of your using prisma pencils for veining :slight_smile:

Bumping up this great topic!

I heard creases was horrible at doing that. Might be better to make your own mixture.

I did these creases on the feet with prisma pencils and eyeshadow to soften them

And the hand x

4 Likes

How did you get the pencil to stay? I do pencil hair sometimes or paint, but with the pencil I first use thinning medium so it draws well. Did you varnish first? I Love the complexion of this baby!!:heart_eyes::heart:
Edited to add I just ordered from Coastal scents about 12 hot pots of matte eyeshadows yesterday lol :slight_smile: