Crazy charges

I don;t really feel that charging for the beads, poly-fil, etc is uncommon, but most people factor those items into their base reborning charge. I mean those things are consumables, the artist has to replenish those things when they run out, so they have to be factored into the cost somehow. The same would be for eyes on an open eyed kit. When the artist orders a blank kit, eyes do not come as part of the package, they have to be ordered separately…a cost that’s past on tho the person ordering/buying the completed doll, but again it’s usually factored into the cost of the doll and not charged separately like a la carte…and never charged at all if the baby doesn’t actually have eyes. I’m wondering if she even has the kit and knows what it looks like, if so, how can she justify charging for eyes that are not even there? As far as the torso goes, I charge extra for painting a belly/back plate or a full torso, it’s a a lot more work and I’m consuming more products to do it.

I would ask this lady to create an actual invoice with everything spelled out in the invoice. Even paying goods and service for a custom doll, without having details in writing, just makes it your word against theirs and you have less leverage if something goes wrong.

1 Like

She said her name is amanda smith

1 Like

I smell something fishy.

1 Like

I have personally never heard of this person but that doesnt really mean anything because there is just so many artists out there.